FAQ Members Login

Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post a reply

In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you enter both of the words displayed into the text field underneath.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Re : Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post by simivlyhills » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:52 am

Thanks so much! :) I'm not seeing a specialist in high risk yet, but my OB is trained in high risk. By the time I hit severe pre-e, I'll be seeing the high risk doc. That office, however, is 2 hours from here! But my OB is already in contact with them about what is going on with me. I've got great docs! :)
Thanks for all the great advice!

Mama to 27 weeker Anthony, due Aug. 28 but born June 2nd at 7:25 pm, weighing in at 1 lb 11oz, and 12". Now he's over 6 lbs and 18"!

Re : Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post by lisac » Tue Dec 30, 2003 08:48 am

Hi Jessica,

I agree with the others here who suggest seeing a specialist asap. Have you had a discussion with your doctor about getting on blood pressure meds now? What is your normal/baseline blood pressure?
Please keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.

Re : Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post by ileana » Tue Dec 30, 2003 08:35 am

Hi Jessica,

Congrats on Anthony's birth and the new pregnancy. This is pretty scary stuff, huh?

We had someone on the Forum that had protein in urine very early on and she went on and had a healthy baby, I think even at term...

My piece of advice is to see a high-risk ob and see the nephrologist again. I think (but I'm not a doctor, so what do I know?) that those blood pressures are too high for someone that has problems with kidneys. Are you taking any medicine for BP?
Another question... did they do the trombophilia panel on you? If you have a clotting disorder, they might ask you to take Aspirin or Heparin to prevent clots.

Another option is to post this under the Ask the Experts forum. That is a forum where doctors - specialists in preeclampsia and other hypertensive disorders in pregnancy - answer our questions. You will probably have to wait for a week or two for an answer but it might give you an idea of what to ask your doctors.

This is an answer to my question about protein in urine... it's not exactly what you have, but maybe it's useful for you

This link shows the tests for trombophilia:

Please keep us posted with how are you doing.

Ileana 33
Angel stillborn 24w p-e 2/17/03

Re : Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post by sarab » Tue Dec 30, 2003 08:05 am

Hi! Our babies our almost the same age...Maggie was due Aug. 23, but born June 9th. Fun tidbit...[8D]

Sadly, I really don't know what to tell you except to be vigilant with your care. If you think something is wrong, call or go in as much as needed. That's why the Dr's get paid the big bucks, so you can bother them as much as needed. Are you seeing a high risk OB or a perinatologist? Sorry I don't have much good advice, but I just wanted to tell you congratulations and good luck! I will be thinking about you.

Sara, 23
DH, Scott, 25
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e

Re : Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post by frasiah » Tue Dec 30, 2003 07:37 am

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy. This must be a very trying time for you but you are doing the right thing by being so vigilant of your care. I do not have any answers to your questins, but there are some amazing ladies on board who will have you oveflowing with information soon. I would say though keep up with monitorign your blood pressure at home. And here is to a safe and long ( until term) pregnancy.

Frasiah 27
darling hubby 33
Victoria 7/3/03 29 wks due to sev p-e

Protein and BP at 3 mos?

Post by simivlyhills » Tue Dec 30, 2003 07:22 am

Hi ladies!
I had my first baby 7 months ago due to severe pre-e by emergency c-section at 27 weeks. I'm just over 3 months preggers with #2. My protein is +3 and my BP is up and down, from 138/89 to 168/110. My OB has me coming in ever 2 weeks right now, and I have to do a 24 hour catch.
Even though they can't diagnose pre-e until at least 20 weeks, what is going on? My bp and protein were normal between pregnancies! I saw a nephrologist for a follow up in July/ August and I was fine then. My 'chronic hypertension' didn't start with Tony till just before 20 weeks.
So... what is going on? I'm terrified of losing this baby.

Mama to 27 weeker Anthony, due Aug. 28 but born June 2nd at 7:25 pm, weighing in at 1 lb 11oz, and 12". Now he's over 6 lbs and 18"!