background info -
I'll be 37 weeks with my third kiddo on Thursday.
2/1/08 - DD born at 39 weeks after a 3 day induction for suspected Pre-E (I don't remember the details, BP readings or anything). DD had a slow start and was in the NICU for 3 days. No epidural - I have a little PTSD from this labor and delivery.
4/23/10 - DS born at 39 weeks with no epidural - nice hippy, natural birth - LOVED it. Was on atenonol my entire PG and had no complications.
So the weekend of 7/15 I start to feel funny and I know that my BP is up - I take it at home and sure enough it is. Midwife appointment on Tuesday 7/17 - BP is 130/90 at appointment - 24 hour urine and bloodwork ordered. 24 hour urine was 145 and bloodwork was good, put on modified bedrest, NST (baby looked perfect).
7/18 BP is 166/89
Friday 7/20 NST and midwife appointment BP 130/88 put on 25 mg atenonol once daily, consulting ob suggests inducing but I am hesitant because I wasn't full term yet. Everyone agrees we can wait and see.
Friday night 7/20 - BP is way up so I go into L&D, they keep me overnight, labs still look good - BP fluctuates while I am there from 130-160/75-95 Again they suggest inducing but I ask if I can wait and see since I am still not 37 weeks. All the monitoring of the baby while I was there was good.
Monday 7/23 BP still up in the 135ish/high 80's, protein dip +1 (usually trace). Atenonol is upped to 50mg in the AM, 50mg in the PM. BP's at home are fluctuating in the 150/90's. Started increased atenonol dosage Monday night. NST is good, in the first 20 minutes there is one small deceleration so they leave me on for another hour and baby looks great. DR mentions induction again, doesn't come out and suggest it but asks me how I feel about it and I tell her I'd like to wait as long as possible.
Today 7/24 BP's are in the 140/high 80's low 90's, I feel like crap from the increased meds, tired and lethargic - hating it.
I go back to the DR on Friday (now seeing an OB, no more midwife for me
) I am starting to feel like I just want to have the induction and be done with this. I am sick of checking my BP at home, sick of 'modified bedrest' with a four year old and a two year old, sick of worrying about my baby and my own health, sick of wondering if my headache is because i've been wearing a ponytail for too long or because my BP is going to cause me to have a stroke. Am I nauseous because I am super pregnant or is it because there is something really wrong?
What do you think? Based on all my information (sorry for so much!!) would you just submit to an induction or would you try to squeeze out a few more weeks and get closer to your due date? It seems like the atenonol isn't working right? Any ideas? Observations? Suggestions?
Thank you in advance