Hospital Bedrest?

Post a reply

In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you type the text displayed into the field underneath.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: Hospital Bedrest?

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by Melissapalma44 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 01:31 pm

Good for you for pushing for an induction, I do not wish anyone to have a birth experience feeling horrible on mag if it is not necessary for their doctor to wait.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Thinking of you!

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by sam10 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 07:34 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you!

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by marilyn621 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 06:38 pm

Ob agreed to start me on the cervidil Monday. Dilates me to a 2 and I started having contractions. Started pitocin this morning but they had to take me off of it because baby's heart rate has been high. Hopefully restarting it at 5 am this morning. BP has been great so far.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by alviarin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 08:39 am

So are you having a baby today? I hope all is well.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by marilyn621 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:29 am

I know about the study and I would certainly hope he does too. There seems to be a lot of doctors out there that still don't take this disease seriously. I put my foot down when he said he wanted me to go to 39 weeks. I had blood drawn Friday and am doing another 24 hr urine but I doubt anything is going to get done on the weekend. If I feel any worse though I will definitely be checking in to l&d. Whether they are sick of seeing me or not.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by alviarin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 09:36 pm

Wow I can't believe your doc said that. Sorry you are having a rough time.

I wonder what your doc thinks about the HYPITAT study ("Hypertension and Pre-eclampsia Intervention Trial At Term") which found an improvement in maternal outcomes with induction at 37 weeks for hypertension or preeclampsia without a difference in fetal outcomes. Right now I'm 36 weeks with superimposed yet still "mild" preeclampsia, and my ob would deliver me straight away if anything changed for worse instead of trying to hold out another week.

So are you having blood drawn for labs tomorrow? If I were in your shoes I'd head to L&D if anything changes. No sense waiting around with pre-e, since it can turn on a dime and worsen quickly in a matter of hours.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by marilyn621 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 04:56 pm

I went in for my 37 week visit today and my doctor actually asked me if I was "just trying to get induced early." Wow. My head has been hurting but lately the pain in my upper abdomen and shoulder are worse. So he ordered more labs to be done over the weekend and hopefully he will be inducing Monday. I just hope I don't crash before then. Oh and I finally got the results from my 24 hr that I did nearly two weeks ago. It was 351. Not terrible but definitely preeclampsia.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by sam10 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 01:17 pm

Been thinking of you! How are you? Let us know how things are going as you are able.

Re: Hospital Bedrest?

Post by marilyn621 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 04:28 pm

I did go to the mfm's office and ask to see her. She is completely booked and they said all she could do was make a recommendation (which she already did) but that it's really all up to my ob. I also wouldn't think it is wise for an ob to just ignore a recommendations from a specialist. I did call my ob's office and get very stern over the fact that they kicked me out with my BP that high and that I spent the whole night throwing up. I have an appointment with him Friday morning and if I don't hear what I want, I will be going to a different hospital.