Has everyone not *known for sure they had Pre-e

Post a reply

In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you type the text displayed into the field underneath.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: Has everyone not *known for sure they had Pre-e

Re: Has everyone not *known for sure they had Pre-e

Post by sam10 » Thu May 02, 2013 08:39 pm

For a diagnosis of PE you need to have proteinuria of 300mg or higher in a 24 hour urine catch along with two BP readings of 140/90 taken 6 hours apart. Did you have a 24 urine collection done shortly prior to delivery of your second baby? If not, your doctors probably figured that you are at higher risk due to your history of PE. You could ask for your hospital records, which include your diagnosis.
Are you being seen by an MFM for this pregnancy?

Has everyone not *known for sure they had Pre-e

Post by Tscheeler » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 am

I am kind of wondering the same thing someone else asked and have a concern. Can you have 2 with pre-e and a 3rd pregnancy without? I am currently pregnant with my 3rd and had pre-e with the first two, supposedly.

With my daughter I had the swelling and the BP kept creeping up. I was on bed rest from 34 weeks and made it till 38 weeks when they finally induced, she was 8lbs. With my 2nd, we got pregnant at 5 months pp, not expected and had a fine, until my normal 39 week visit. They took my BP and it read 150/111 I was told I had 30 min to get to the hospital. I got there, they started a mag drip, an epi like they did with my first, to "keep my stress down" and after breaking my water he was here within 3 hours, and 8lbs. 3 oz. Im not sure if just fear and nerves alone can make you have a BP of 150/111 but that one BP read is all they went off to make me deliver him and classify it as pre-e again. I have a feeling the 2nd wasn't pre-e and they just decided since I was so close, had a BP that high, and was already 75% effaced, 3.5 cm dilated, -1 station and having contractions( i couldn't feel) that they just took him to be safe. If I had the piece of mind that I really didnt have it a 2nd time I think it would tremendously take my stress level down about this one. Just wondering what your thoughts are.