New here

Post a reply

:
In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you enter both of the words displayed into the text field underneath.
Smilies
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: New here

Re: New here

Post by alviarin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 04:29 am

I hope you talked to the doc and got checked out. My main symptom of preeclampsia with my first was just feeling "off", weak and tired.

Another thing you could talk to the doc about is the HYPITAT study ("Hypertension and Pre-eclampsia Intervention Trial At Term") which found an improvement in maternal outcomes with induction at 37 weeks for hypertension or preeclampsia without a difference in fetal outcomes.

Are you monitoring your pressures at home? How are you feeling today?

Re: New here

Post by princess purr » Tue Oct 15, 2013 03:20 am

You should call your doc if you feel different. Preeclampsia can develop very quickly. People tell me all the time, well my bp is always fine at doc appointments... yea, mine was to my first pregnancy. That is why I check it daily at home along with doing urine test a few times a week because things can change quickly.

Re: New here

Post by sam10 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 07:01 am

If you don't feel good or feel off, please don't wait, but request to be seen. Here is a list of symptoms (and feeling off) is one of them: http://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms

New here

Post by kdb13 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 06:36 am

Hello all.

New here. I am 37 weeks pregnant and have been battling high BP and swelling for about 4 weeks. The protein levels in my urine have been border line preeclampsia but on a test today crossed over into the preeclampsia range. My doctor plans to induce me in 8 days. I feel a little concerned because the last 3 days have been really rough- swelling, night sweats, not sleeping and something just doesnt feel right. Baby is still moving and heartbeat sounds good. I am so torn- I want baby to stay in as long as possible but also worry for the health of both of us. Would love any advice or help. Should I call the doctor and express my concern or trust her and wait until next week to be induced. I go back to the doctor in three days for another check.

Top