Should I call the doctor?

Post a reply

In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you type the text displayed into the field underneath.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: Should I call the doctor?

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Post by akemt » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:42 am


Can't beleive the day has come! I'm so glad that you've made it this far and without further issues. I hope all goes well!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Post by tribud » Wed Dec 17, 2003 09:34 am

Well, I'm not unwrapping anything just yet, but I am to be at the Doctors at 2:45 with plans to stay! I am excited and very nervous at the same time! I will let you gals know what has happened and I want to Thanks You all for all the advise over the last few months!! God Bless you all!!!

DD 12-6-1994 38 wks HB
DD 2-20-1998 36 wks GD, HB, Pre-E, HELLP
Baby #3 EDD 1-2-2004 GD

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Post by catherine » Wed Dec 17, 2003 08:03 am

I'm with Mada, you are soooooo close, call, don't mess with high bps!! I expect the next time you post you'll have unwrapped your christmas present!

Lots of good wishes for a smooth delivery,

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)

Re : Should I call the doctor?

Post by mada » Wed Dec 17, 2003 07:28 am

Hi trisch,
I would go ahead and call my doc or midwife with your bp readings. I never got headaches (until I was put on bp meds) but I still had +2 protien and my uric acid was high as well as my bp's. I know everything was fine earlier but you know how PE is one minute fine the next.....I mean the fact that you are 4 cm. 90% effaced and have lost your mucas plug!! That baby wants to come and meet you[:D] Call right away and let us know what's going on!! How exciting, can't wait to hear all about your new baby[:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

Should I call the doctor?

Post by tribud » Wed Dec 17, 2003 06:24 am

Alright, a quick update! Friday night I went to a wedding! I was up all day running around to get ready! We needed three hair cuts and pantyhose! LOL So, after running around all day my BP was high! It was 160/90. So, on Saturday I laid around and didn't do much of anything! I forgot that I ordered Italian Subs from the Fire Co. and my neighbor dropped them off. That is what we ate for luncg and after eating it I got a terrible pain under my right rib. Well, I called the doctor and he said to go to L&D and he would check my out. All of my labs came back normal, but I was dehydrated and because of the dehydration the baby's heart rate was up! Like 200! So, after I drank two bottles of water the doctor came in and said that he thought it was my gall bladder and he was sending m home! Before he sent me home, he checked my cervix. This was the first time! I joked and said that I was probley tight as a drum and believe it or not, I am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced! So, I go home and on Monday I wake up to my mucus plug falling out! This has never happened to me before. I had a 2:15 appointment and when I was there everything looked good! The midwife checked me and she said that she would go along with my doctor, 3cm and 50% effaced! After that appointment I went up to the hospital for my NST. She had my hooked up for an hour and the baby's heart rate was everywhere. 121-173!! She called up to L&D and a resident looked at it and he said to keep me hooked up for another hour! So, after another hour she did a BPP and the baby scored 7-8 (I think?). So, she called my OB and they decided to send me to L&D for an induction. When I got up there they did another NST & BPP. The NST looked good and the baby got another 7-8 on the BPP! He said that they baby wasn't practice breathing when they wanted it to, so that is why it got a 7. So, We decided to send me home! He checked me again ad this time I was 4cm dilated and 80-90% effaced! He told me to go home and he would see me in his office on Thursday. Well, yesterday I thought for sure I was going into labor and of course it was false! But my Blood Pressure is up again! 160's (two 170's)/ high 90's! Should I call? I don't have any headache's my swelling is really about gone and I feel good! What do you guys think? I will be 38 weeks on friday and because I have GD he wants me to get as close to 38 weeks that I can! I am scheduled for an induction on the 22nd!

Sorry it is so long!

DD 12-6-1994 38 wks HB
DD 2-20-1998 36 wks GD, HB, Pre-E, HELLP
Baby #3 EDD 1-2-2004 GD