spilling protein

Post a reply

In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you type the text displayed into the field underneath.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.

Expand view Topic review: spilling protein

Re: spilling protein

Post by aajatwins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:01 pm

I agree, there is definitely cause for close monitoring moving forward for you because of your history. The diagnosis only requires 2 BP readings of 140/90 or higher (at two different sittings), so it's not like you have to wait for it to get up there and stay for a while. Do you know your baseline BP?

Re: spilling protein

Post by amjon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 07:34 pm

I lost my daughter with only trace protein and pressures just starting to get to 140/90, so I would insist that they monitor me more closely if it was getting close to that. (I would probably tell them to admit me to the hospital for constant monitoring, but we've now lost both of our pregnancies at 27 and 6 weeks.)

Re: spilling protein

Post by sam10 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 05:40 pm

I would be worried as you are, especially with your history. I agree with you that close monitoring should be the game plan moving forward. I assume you are not being seen by an MFM/peri? If not, I would try to get under the care of a specialist, at least in the form of co-management.
Are you taking your BP at home? Taking it and reporting your log to the doctor might be also a good idea. But perhaps you are already doing so.

Thinking of you.

spilling protein

Post by angvbc » Wed Jun 13, 2012 02:49 pm

I am 35 weeks with my third baby. i had pree at 31weeks with my first and delivered immediately. no pree with my second baby. i went to the doctor a few days ago and my bp was 136/86. i had 30mg of protein in my dipstick urine. i was really upset (at the time i didn't know what a normal dipstick reading would be, but now i do) and asked them to order a 24 hour collection for me (even tho they didn't seem to care a bit about my history of pree). i just called the doctor and my 24 hour was 255 mg. i know a diagnosis requires consistent bp of 140/90+ and 300+mg of protein in a 24 hour study so i do not meet the diagnosis requirements yet. but don't you think i should have close monitoring since i'm already close to both limits? i do, but my doctor doesn't seem worried. idk.....

i don't think this will happen on this website but please no "at least you're already 35 weeks" comments. my 31 weeker will be five in November and is still requires oxygen at times and has a gtube all because of his prematurity.