First of all, congratulations!
A subsequent pregnancy after PE/HELLP is not a pleasure cruise (as I like to call it). It is terrifying and scary, as we have been through the mill and know what can go wrong. It is absolutely normal to feel terrified and anxious. Also, I had fears of dying, especially in the evening, but it has gotten better.
I am currently pregnant and what helped me best was the following:
- I built a strong network of friends and family to help me through this time
- I am seeing a therapist who helps me get through
- My insurance has a great program. I get weekly calls from a case manager who checks in on me (check if this is an option for you)
- I have found great support on the PE forums
- I absolutely trust my doctor and his staff
- I take it day by day. The worst time for me was from week 18 through week 27, since then it gets easier every day.
- I worked very hard trying to enjoy this pregnancy. Sometimes it works
We are here for you, so please keep posting and let us know how it goes. We know how how you are feeling.