Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Saving Grace - Can you help?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Saving Grace - Can you help?

Postby grace04 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 09:12 pm

As many of you are aware, the Preeclampsia Foundation will be holding a national benefit to raise funds on Friday, Nov. 11, 2005. The main event will be held in Minneapolis, MN and will be called "Saving Grace: A Night of Hope." It is time to lock down some sponsors. Following is a list of potential sponsors for the Saving Grace event. Our goal is to get $1000 from each sponsor. Before we approach any of these companies, we wanted to find out if any of YOU had any connections to the corporations listed below. If so, please let me know ASAP. Here are the company names:

Pampers
Huggies
Gerber
Similac
Enfamil
March of Dimes
Cargill
Johnson & Johnson
Lamaze (toys)
Manhattan toys
Toy World
Baby Einstein
Playskool
Mattel
Fisher Price
Babies R Us
USA Baby
Target

If anyone has a connection at one of the above companies and/or has additional ideas of corporations to pursue, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!
grace04

Re : Saving Grace - Can you help?

Postby anathor21 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 07:24 am

Has the idea of approaching insurers/HMO's been floated about? Seems that not only is this a good PR opportunity for them, but long term research into prevention/better management could benefit the financial side of the equation as well as saving and improving lives.

Just a thought...
anathor21

Postby grace04 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 09:07 am

That is a great thought! Thank you for sharng your idea. Do you have any ideas on what types of insurance companies we should approach?
grace04

Postby princess purr » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:09 am

If you need any sponsers for around $250 I would be happy to do it for my little business After The Loss.
princess purr

Postby anathor21 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:41 am

quote:
Originally posted by grace04

That is a great thought! Thank you for sharng your idea. Do you have any ideas on what types of insurance companies we should approach?

Big ones! [:D]

Seriously, it seems that relatively speaking $1000 isn't much to ask from any large corporation, but they probably have MANY people asking for "bits" here and there. Getting past the gatekeepers is always the challenge - Perhaps someone knows someone inside one of these companies and can find who is in charge of such decisions. I'm sorry that I have little more to offer.
anathor21

Postby lucy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 06:32 am

I can try my brother his girlfriend is running a mortage company which is part of a large chain of them is there an email or something to forward them or should we basically just relay the general idea???
lucy

Postby kdreher » Wed Jul 20, 2005 09:08 am

I don't have any connections, but maybe I can help with drafting a letter...and we can mail to all. I also found that Kraft takes requests online at www.sponsorwise.com. I had posted for the walk but never heard back.
kdreher

Postby grace04 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:25 pm

Lucy - email me and I'll send you the info
Kris - Thank you!!
grace04

Postby denise » Fri Jul 22, 2005 03:29 pm

Hmmm....Jaime I'll shoot you an email. Jason works for a large insurance company and I could check with him to see what he knows about getting sponserships, etc.
denise

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange