Ways I have found to spread awareness

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Ways I have found to spread awareness

Postby lucy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:36 pm

Ok hopefully this is the right place to post, I just wanted to share my sucess in spreading awareness by handing out the pregnancy and infant loss awareness ribbons on business cards (I have them on my site) the cards include info and also the pf website link,
its something you can do by just carrying them in your purse, or just keeping them handy in your car and handing them out as people show interest.
I wear photo buttons of Sebanna and Sebastian (my beautiful angels) and people pretty much always start a conversation about them in which they normally glady accept a awareness ribbon and pretty much every time put it on in front of me, plus read and save the card so many people now know our story and have said they are going to share the info with family and friends,
I also print pages and post them on the community boards which people really seem to appreciate and give the cards to businesses plus my kids like telling everyone even about the memory box program.
Just wanted to share my experience. I just love helping. Plus spreading the info via your website and including a link in your mail signature has worked well. Not to mention media contact although we have only got the one story I hope to be able to keep spreading awareness.
lucy

Re : Ways I have found to spread awareness

Postby jillmushet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:32 am

Hi Lucy: Thank you for sharing your success in raising awareness. These are wonderful ways to honor Sebastian and Sebanna. Your enthusiasm for awareness is inspiring!

jillmushet

Postby kjones » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:04 am

You just keep on, keeping on!! You are doing a wonderful job....
kjones

Postby lucy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 03:41 pm

One other thing I forgot that has made tons of people stop at our door is we have like a memorial on our door it has pictures, poems, awareness information, links, and the pregnancy infant loss awareness ribbons with cards for people to take which we have had people stop specifically to get one.
lucy

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange