Preeclampsia Awareness Pens?? Can I do this?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Preeclampsia Awareness Pens?? Can I do this?

Postby princess purr » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:44 am

Hi, I'm thinking about ordering 2000 pens and have them say:

Pregnant? Ask Your Doc About
Preeclampsia. Know the signs,
Trust Yourself. For Info Visit
www.Preeclampsia.org
Message From: AfterTheLoss.com

I would like to send them free to people so they can drop them off at there OBGYN office or if people can give me the address I will send the pens to the office. What better place to spread awareness then a place full of pregnant women?

The pens will have black ink and the outside with be a floral design (very girly and pretty) It is going to cost me approx $350.00 to get them made and then what ever it costs to ship them. I'm using the profits from my clearance sale (I'm going out of the cat collar business/ just going to focus on pregnancy/infant loss & preeclampsia awareness.

Would it be okay if I do this/would people be willing to give me address to send them to?
Thanks!
Val
princess purr

Re : Preeclampsia Awareness Pens?? Can I do this?

Postby kjones » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:49 am

Hey Val!! That sounds like a great idea. Why would'nt you be able to do something like that? Do you have a pen company that you are gonna order from? I use National Pen Corp., www.pens.com, they may be willing to discount some for you considering what it is for, they really do a great job. I order pens from them for my photography business. Just a thought...
kjones

Postby julie f » Sat Jul 30, 2005 01:03 pm

Val - it sounds like a great idea! Before you get too far though, I would talk with Jaime about this (Grace04). I think that we want all things bearing the PF name and or logo to go through the right channels to make sure all is consistent.

I'm not sure if Jaime is the right person but if not, she'll be able to point you in the right direction.

I think that's awesome that you're wanting to do this. What a way to honor your little angel and, to help others.
julie f

Postby julie f » Sat Jul 30, 2005 01:04 pm

Just realized that it's Jill who will need to see this, I'll send her an email to let her know.
julie f

Postby kjones » Sat Jul 30, 2005 02:10 pm

Hey Val, when you get this approved. I can help you out on this pen deal. Just email me, and I will send you my reorder options, if you are interested.
kjones

Postby annegarrett » Sat Jul 30, 2005 02:13 pm

The PF has a committee who generates these ideas and then discusses them and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors. Jill is on this committee and she can take your idea to the committee and then to the board. We have had pens but think we are running low on them. Thanks for the great suggestion!

annegarrett

Postby lucy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 03:43 pm

Sounds like a great ideal to me, you are so great about wanting to help Val!
lucy

Postby jillmushet » Sat Jul 30, 2005 05:33 pm

Thank you for your idea. Using every day objects to raise awareness is great. I would be happy to bring it to the next meeting. I'll e-mail you...
jillmushet

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange