Suggestion

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : Suggestion

Postby lucy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 08:50 am

Kris I can agree with that she does seem a little biased based on what I have heard but hopefully this will open up her eyes a little Ok I am thinking the "Oprah's Angel network" message board then under the Discussion "Making a difference" since that seems to be the most approaiate out of the available choices. I started a topic so everyone can reply with their stories and feelings so that it can be showcased, let me know asap if anyone wants to do it different, I did check and you do have to register in order to be able to post its free and if it gets our voices heard it is worth the time, lets storm the boards so to speak I just got done registering and posting heres the link Our starting post is titled "Our Angels, Our Stories, What we want to say" under my user name mommyofsebanna_sebastian
http://boards.oprah.com/WebX13@177.7hDKcI0ofdi.106198@.ef256ae/2290
it should still be at the top of the page so lets post away. I did get some women from the MISS foundation togther also who are going to be joining usi n posting!!!! Hugs. OK COULD not get the the link to post, Laura someone if I can send it to you maybe you can figure out why its not wanting to work everything is ready though.
lucy

Postby missgamecock » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:07 am

I'll do it!
missgamecock

Postby cassie05 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:32 am

Lucy, I sent in my story and will try to post the link too, I hope it helps.
COme on everyone, raise your voice!!
http://boards.oprah.com/WebX?14@46.bhXJc7Y6fph.108146@.ef256ae!skip=1766&view=C
Just scroll down the page and you will come to the thread "Our angels, our stories, what we want to say"
cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:36 am

Ok, it didnt work for me either, so go to http://boards.oprah.com there is a link on the top that says Login or join in, click on that and register, after that go click on oprahs angel network. Next click on Making a Difference, next scroll all the way down and click on Newest Messages and then you should see Lucy and my posts at the bottom. Hope that helps
cassie05

Postby molly419 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:52 am

Lucy-You are AWESOME for setting this up!!!
molly419

Postby lucy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Thanks guys I have seen some have already started posting, I cant figure out why the link wont work http://boards.oprah.com/WebX?13@177.7hDKcI...6@.ef256ae/2290 hopefully that will work if not you may try Cassies suggestion.
lucy

Postby annegarrett » Sun Aug 28, 2005 00:33 am

You ladies are just wonderful. Thanks for all the enthusiasm. I wanted to let you know that the Preeclampsia Foundation heads already have a very good connection with Oprah producers and we know that they have discussed doing a story like this. Feel free to post your stories and encourage their interest but be careful about saying that the Preeclampsia Foundation is pushing this agenda as we are already attacking this on one level and have had some good feedback from them. We would hate to have them get annoyed with us and see us as nagging when we are already in discussion.

Hopefully that makes sense. In the future--please pass these kinds of ideas by Eleni Tsigas, our Director of Communication (eleni@preeclampsia.org) before initiating them. She will let you know if we already have that road covered and save you from recreating the wheel.

Take care ladies and again--many thanks for your incredible energy and support.

annegarrett

Postby lucy » Sun Aug 28, 2005 01:04 am

Anne, sorry about that next time I will keep that in my mind I was very extremely careful not to bring the pre-eclampsia foundations name into it at all, you can read what I posted to be sure. Thanks for the headsup.
lucy

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 01:45 am

Don't sweat it, Lucy!1 You didn't know and we all know that you were trying to help.
tommysmommy21004

Postby lucy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 03:47 am

Thanks Deanna apparently as the Miss foundation women pointed out it seems our Oprah posts are moved, I am looking into it I am just hoping to help I know I want to do something and it just feels like what I am doing isnt enough kwim? Anyhow thanks again I hope you are doing good.
lucy

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange