Saving Grace ...How Can You HELLP???

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.
eleni
Site Admin

Re : Saving Grace ...How Can You HELLP???

Postby eleni » Mon Dec 28, 637671 10:55 am

I think Jill and a couple other gals asked about bringing children or babies to Saving Grace. Hopefully, this "guidance" will be taken in the spirit it is intended, since fundraisers are never "off limits" to anybody. I can't wait to meet as many of you as possible!

It is, however, an adult event, not a family event - due in large part to I don't know too many people who will pay $125/ticket to bring a child. There will be speeches, crying, laughing, elegant dinnerware (I don't know about you but my kids and crystal don't mix too well [;)], and hopefully hundreds of well-dressed muckety-muck types.

However, no one is going to blow a gasket if they see a baby or child. I wouldn't encourage it, but if you want to bring your child and are ok with discreetly moving out of the ballroom if there's crying or whining (again, I have 7 and 4 year old - I KNOW whining - LOL), then power to ya', sista'!

There are also babysitters available through the concierge at most hotels if anybody wants to make a family trip of it, but doesn't know what to do with the wee ones.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Dec 16, 637671 6:25 pm

Lucy,

I actually saw your post earlier as to how to do donations and I posed that question to our board. Normally in the US we make a plea for donations because they are tax deductible but seeing Australia wouldn't be able to take advantage of that arrangement, we have to rely on your want to convert the money into US dollars to send towards the event.

You, too, can help me keep this post alive to keep the event on everyone's mind up until we see pictures and hear back results! I LOVE your children's names, by the way! I will keep thinking, you dare me into new waters as to how to work up help across seas but I am up for the challenge! So don't be discouraged if I know not what exactly you can do at the moment but I am willing to see what we can do together!

I am excited by your interest to help! Let me work on asking some questions and getting back to you! Thank you!!!

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Wed Dec 16, 637671 12:50 pm

Sue, How amazing you are !!!!
Can I help from Australia? Let me know how.
Love Lucy

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Dec 16, 637671 10:10 am

Woohoo! Thank you! I appreciate the help in keeping this thread alive!

misscoleyp

Postby misscoleyp » Wed Dec 16, 637671 9:37 am

Bumping this to the top. :-)

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Tue Nov 10, 637671 11:34 pm

Just found this thread....read the info on the event and am wondering if i can attend, with husband and son in tow.....he will be 6 months old at that time?.....I am new to fundraising/awareness efforts but just want to help....I am having a "welcome home" bbq for our son next weekend and am going to print some flyers for the event and hand them out to our family and friends that come (56 rsvps so far).....they will be meeting emerson for the first time.....so maybe i can drum up some donations/attendees after they see how lucky we are. I really want to help the awareness factor too.....I enjoy your energy...ps and adorable pics!!!!

Dawn D

Postby Dawn D » Tue Nov 10, 637671 11:05 pm

I'll see what I can do in addition to the recruiting I am doing for the PA golf outing....maybe I could provide a theme basket for the silent auction.? Do you have a value amount that you are hoping for with these gifts?
I will also try to gather some photos for Lauren's slide show.
Great job and exciting ideas ! Wish I could attend!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Nov 10, 637671 10:43 pm

I am truly excited to the energy of everyone has poured out in posts on this topic! Thank you and keep up the efforts! It's all valuable to the research and efforts of the PF! Thank you!

lgw

Postby lgw » Sat Oct 31, 637671 8:12 am

Hey Danae-
I'm sending info to my doctors.
Leslie

dja

Postby dja » Sat Oct 31, 637671 2:17 am

Hi there. I'm not certain how I can contribute to big things like corporate sponsors or silent auction items, but I am working on filing seats by making sure other women I know locally who have had PE are aware of this event. One question, do you think it is odd to send information to your doctor?

I am really looking forward to this event

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”