NYC Marathon Fundraiser

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : NYC Marathon Fundraiser

Postby allic » Thu Aug 17, 2006 03:09 pm

Has anyone been able to forward Jill's story and solicitation for donations on to family and friends with any success?
allic

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:58 am

You know when you reach that point of total exhaustion and you just need that one thing to pick you back up and make you work that much harder?? Well, YOU can be that one thing!

I was wondering if everyone that reads this post and is interested in details could send Jill a card, please!?!? You can:
  • let her know if you appreciate her efforts
  • let her know how much this means to you that she is putting herself out there to help raise awareness and funding
  • tell her how her efforts have inspired you
  • write a note of encouragement that you are behind her efforts as training takes a lot out of a person as much as it gives
  • Send a check or money order made payable to "Preeclampsia Foundation" to: Jill Siegel, 3217 W. Leland #1W, Chicago, IL 60625

Just think if she can collect all these cards from across the country!

She can put them together for such an inspirational display that will keep her and others so very motivated to keep going!

Can you picture her fireplace mantle with all these cards on it cheering her on!

Can you picture even more than that?

She may have them taped to the glass on her mirrors when she wakes in the morning for inspiration!

She could have them in her kitchen cheering her on to victory!

Do you remember the scene in a Tom Hank's movie where he received tons of letters at his door? Can you think of how enormously inspiring that will be to her?
NOW .. Think of all those letters with $1.00 or $5.00 or a $100 sponsorship check that YOU helped her get with your efforts!

Thank you for your help in being part of her team!!! TEAM JILL ROCKS!!!
timelessbeauty

Postby jodlb » Fri Aug 18, 2006 03:28 pm

I think you rock....you're check will be in the mail!!!!
jodlb

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 06:31 pm

I think you rock, too, Jill!!! I admire your strength of character and your physical stamina to attempt something of this nature!
timelessbeauty

Postby jill siegel » Mon Sep 04, 2006 08:37 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful support and interest in my fundraising project.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have a website up now. It is www.bigapplemiraclemarathon.com

Please check it out and forward the link to others who might be interested. You can also download my fundraising brochure there. Many thanks to Brandy Kreisler, a PF member who designed it for me.

If you live in IL, IN, or MI, please check out those sections of the forum for upcoming t-shirt signing parties where you can meet with other PF members to share stories and sign my race day t-shirt so that you can all be there to help carry me across the finish line!
jill siegel

Postby denise » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:09 pm

Fantastic website Jill!!
denise

Postby molly419 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:21 pm

Yes it is Denise! Take a look...
molly419

Postby bicyclist » Mon Sep 25, 2006 02:47 am

Hi Jill,
Great website! I usually play in a tennis tournament around that time, but plan to send you the fee instead and will run with you that day. Here, not there, and 3 miles--don't laugh, but note that I am a walker and a tennis player and that I hate running--therefore it's significant for me as I only run far enough to hit a tennis ball. Thinking of you and cheering you on from the sidelines in Indiana.
Kathy
bicyclist

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Sep 25, 2006 08:18 am

What a great idea Kathy, to run with Jill even if not directly by her side. There should be a disclaimer for all 'non-runners' that we do not collapsing by the side of the road due to exhaustion. hehehe .. Take plenty of water, possibly eat a banana for potassium for your muscles before you run and take it very easy. We don't want anything bad to happen to you and it would take me over 3 hours to answer your 911 call at that! :-)

Kudos to all with the idea of exercise and proative health! I am planning to join a gym just down the street from my house in November to start working off my weight. So when I go for my hysterectomy, I can include a tummy tuck as I will have worked hard to get all of it gone before then. hehehe
timelessbeauty

Postby denise » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:22 am

Bumping this back up for folks!
denise

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange