PF Artistic Talent Unite!

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.
timelessbeauty

Re : PF Artistic Talent Unite!

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:44 pm

WOW.... once again I am in awe of the great ideas you all come up with and the talent you all posess! I think we have the makings of some really great things going on here!

Now here's a thought. What about a Traveling Street Fair from City to City across the nation? (Volunteers can meet half way and cart the goods to the next volunteer for an event.) It may be reaching but maybe you can help me brainstorm more ideas. I also thought about a traveling art gallery of talents from our members to be showcased as a tribute to all PE Survivors and Memorial to all who have passed.

Dawn D

Postby Dawn D » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:40 pm

just piggy-backing on a pevious suggestion about children's artwork for the Christmas/ Holiday Card idea. What about a collection or series of drawings/paintings created by some of our own little kiddies who came into the world early due to pregnancies influenced by preE.

Captions under the drawings could, for example, read
-Child's first name
-and then something like "delivered prematurely due to Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome"
OR
a birth stat such as " born at 27 weeks weighing 2 lbs 4 oz, preeclampsia"

OF course something special (maybe butterflies, Sue) could be drawn in loving dedication to all of the precious angels lost due to preE.

Obviously, you could refine these thoughts...

Dawn (34)remained in hospital care 3 weeks following delivery
Kirk (35)
Mya (4) delivered @ 30 wks/ emerg c-sec/ 3 lbs/ severe preE

denise

Postby denise » Sun Sep 10, 2006 08:51 pm

Sue, I'm working on gathering up some of my photos for you to see. I'm hoping to have it together within the month. I'm gone next weekend, so I'm hoping to get some time invested into it the weekend after that. Some black & whites and nature photos.

Love all the ideas!!!!

keneke68

Postby keneke68 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 07:39 pm

Oh boy I love crafts. I love to paint woods and ceramics. I make all of my wooden lawn ornaments for Christmas. I also make little christmas ornaments. I also make porcelin dolls and ceramic carosel horses. I think I have tried a little of everything.[:D] I am making memory boxes atm to donate to the hospital on my little Madison's 1st year angel birthday.

I also bake too. I make cakes!!![:D] Made my own wedding cake[:I]

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Sun Sep 10, 2006 06:41 pm

Hi Sue,
I would be honored to help with the pillows and hankies. Maybe I can send you some of the things I have made and you can decide if it is something good foor the street fair. My offer to donate the carriage picture stands, I'll see if I can get a pix of it to send via e-mail.

I have always preferred to make things with someone in mind. Helping a greiving Mom would be awsome.
Waiting for more info....
lizzybeth

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 am

Aimee, I will be IM'ing you for sure! I know we want to have Christmas cards available!

Lizzybeth, you are hired! I could use help with the cross stitch patterns for "memory pillows" and stitching for the "Mother's Tears Hankies" if you would like the hobby! The memory pillows, I have been researching patterns for the aida cloth creations and have gradually buying fabrics from the remnant section of the craft stores. They are 4" x 4" fiberfill stuffed pillow creations to be held and cuddled when there is nothing else for them to hold. The Hankies are a momento for the bereaved as well to put in a shadow box with a picture of their child or save as a keepsake. While this may sound like a daunting and sad task, in all actuallity, most all moms smile and are moved as someone has lifted them up during a time of need with such a gift. To know another mother who has suffered at the hands of PE has thought about them actually brings comfort! I like to pick out patterns like "Butterflies" and "Angels" to help make it positive. Butterflies represent renewal and rebirth. I can send you some links as soon as I find them again with the pattern ideas and the information on making the pillows. You can tell me what you think. Or maybe you have another idea! I'm open for what you think you can do to help. Maybe you want to put your talents into things that can be sold at the Street Fair for fundraising! Just let me know. There are so many things we ALL can do and it's so neat to see the teamwork we can build upon!

I am so happy to be a part of this great group of people that have so many talents! Every one of you make a HUGE difference in my life and the lives of others through your strength, your compassion, your excitement to help, and your love of humanity to pray this won't happen to another soul. My love to you all!

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Fri Sep 08, 2006 01:57 am

Hi Sue,
I'm a crafty gal! I do counted cross stitch. I have one all framed of an antique, empty baby carriage I did many years ago,though I can't mass produce it, I can donate it. I also make beaded felt christmas ornaments (my own designs). I do all stitching work, can;t knit or crochet, I love beading fabrics (once did my best friends entire wedding dress). My latest creation was a plain circular bed canopy where I used silk flowers, ribbon and tons of beading to doll it up.
What can I help with?
lizzybeth

aimeejane

Postby aimeejane » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:54 pm

Sue, you amaze me, as usual!! You are so full of ideas.

I crochet, but I'm even faster at digital art - scrapbooking, for instance. I could design holiday cards (all winter holidays) very quickly and have a dear friend who does cards as a business. She would know the best place to have them printed. I could even do two or three card designs and "drop" pictures of each purchaser's choice into it...either a stock photo, their own preemie, the PF logo, etc. It would raise awareness & funds for the PF.

IM me, Sue...I don't get on the boards as much as I like these days.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Sep 07, 2006 03:12 pm

Ok, for those that sew, how many are good at making Hand Puppets for kids? Felt is relatively inexpensive and patterns are out there, what do you think?? Two fold idea, not only have the puppets used in puppet theatre but also to sell as part of our "Street Fair" idea??? What do you think???

I want to create a Crafting Outlet for all good ideas that our PF members come up with! Maybe you don't know big business to do corporate sponsors, maybe you don't know what to say to get sponsors, but you do know art and creativity! Bring it on!!! I want to see it, I want to utilize those buried talents we haven't tapped into yet!

Do you sew/quilt? (quilts, Mother's Tears Hankies, blankets, stuffed animals)
Do you do candle wicking? (candles are always beautiful)
Do you cross stitch? (ornaments, memory pillows)
Do you like to play with clay? (jewelry, figurines, paperweights, etc!)
Do you like to paint? (framed art, reprints, beautiful stationery/cards)
Do you do photography? (framed art, reprints, beautiful stationery/cards)
Do you knit or crochet? (preemie hats, blankies, stuffed animals)

Think of all things Tiny, Fairy, Sprite, Baby, Angel (boy, girl, androgenous), Butterfly (symbol of renewal and hope), Nature, Inspirational, What Moves You? .... let's keep working at this ..

Who BAKES??? I DO!!!! I LOVE TO BAKE and I am wondering if we cannot convince a local bakery shop to let us use their commercial spot for a day of donation! If not, should I open up my own catering location to help make this come true??? HEHEHEHE ..

I keep having this twinge hit me when I shop around town. Look at all the CUTE and VERY NEAT items they have out for PARTIES! Oh ... if I had a bigger home I would host an event a month for FUN!!! Do an Asian Influence Night with culture, cooking, learning customs, having tea, etc. I'd have the Halloween party for kids where they come and get grossed out at my worms in dirt pudding cups and spaghetti with eyeballs main dish! Can you imagine the decoration ideas we can come up with ?? Ohhhh .. the juices are flowing .. stay tuned for more!!!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Sep 02, 2006 01:06 am

oh wow, asking me if I have other ideas is like lighting the fuse to a firework! lol .. I am constantly thinking of how we can use our talents for awareness and fundraising. I'm excited about the Christmas Card idea as well. I will have to spin that off into a separate thread. Let me think, just got home from work and I will get back to you!

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”