Cell Phone recycling

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.
allic

Re : Cell Phone recycling

Postby allic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 03:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it and the other company as well and we'll bring it up at the first WAT call. I think it's a great add-on idea for the WAT, so we'll see what I can find out. Thanks!!!

allic

Postby allic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 03:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it and the other company as well and we'll bring it up at the first WAT call. I think it's a great add-on idea for the WAT, so we'll see what I can find out. Thanks!!!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon Oct 09, 2006 04:52 pm

We should advertise this before the Walk so people know to bring the phones with them. Can we add them to the registration cards?

denise

Postby denise » Mon Oct 09, 2006 03:58 pm

The organization is called Shelter Alliance. http://www.shelteralliance.net/index.cfm

I see that they do work with all organizations. My old job just happens to be at a women's shelter. I know there are other companies out there that do this as well.

denise

Postby denise » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:14 pm

I'll email and find out Alli.

allic

Postby allic » Wed Oct 04, 2006 09:58 pm

Do you have the name of the company? I want to cross check it with another contact I'm waiting for from another member who was very successful with this type of fundraiser for the March of Dimes.

denise

Cell Phone recycling

Postby denise » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:35 pm

We collected old cell phones at my previous job. Some we kept to use at 911 phones for clients. The majority we sent into a company that recycles them and pays the organization for them.

This might be an idea for WAT's. We could put out collection boxes at each WAT and send them in. Depending on the type of phone, the price varies.

Just a thought.

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”