Unique Opportunity

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.
for faith

Re : Unique Opportunity

Postby for faith » Mon Nov 27, 2006 03:21 pm

Hi - I have spoken to the coordinator and really it is just setting a date (well and selling the tickets [:D]). It is going to be at a Jazz club in Burbank, CA (basically in the LA area - "beautiful downtown Burbank", home of NBC, etc.), thought this would be a great central location for everyone in the LA area and they have done concerts there before. I haven't been there, so I am going to check it out next time I am in the area.

I am going to talk to Julie about the timing, as not sure if it makes sense after the WAT. One date they have suggested is June 2 or 3. Also wasn't sure if it made sense to have it close to the 07 conference (but SanDiego is about 2-21/2hrs away). Anyone have any thoughts on dates, let me know.

Also another item they have told me is there will be a webcast that would be going on during the concert, so that anyone who might want to "see" the concert could. She is going to be sending me details on this.

I'll let everyone know more details as they come.

allic

Postby allic » Thu Nov 23, 2006 08:53 pm

Funny! Let us know when you'll be in Florida again! That was a lot of fun! Shoot me an email if you've found out anything about paypal and the painting.

Jill, how is the planning going? Did you set a date?

misup

Postby misup » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 am

Make sure to post the dates.... some of us may be able to buy tickets and fly out for the weekend....I am sure that Brad can do some business for the weekend...
LOL... Alli...I would probably be solo at the concert....if he does not show up...LOL!

Mis

denise

Postby denise » Fri Nov 10, 2006 03:26 pm

Glad to hear someone was able to take advantage of this. Thanks Jill!

allic

Postby allic » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:01 pm

Thank you Jill in California for your willingness to take on this fundraiser. It sounds like it will be relatively easy, so I hope you have fun with it. Please let us know when you decide on a date and what venue you choose, so we can spread the word about our new "Jazz for Peace" fundraiser!

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Fri Nov 03, 2006 02:23 pm

You should connect with Lauren. At Saving Grace there was an amazing jazz violinist (Regina). Who fittingly played Amazing Grace along with the CD. It was beautiful. Wish I were down your way!

for faith

Postby for faith » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:05 am

Alli - I sent you an email too. Hope someone can take advantage of this great opportunity for the Foundation.

Thanks,
Jill

Dawn D

Postby Dawn D » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:36 pm

Hi Alli, shooting you an email directly about this ...

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Nov 02, 2006 03:01 pm

I just don't know if I could get that many people to committ. What a great opportunity.....

allic

Postby allic » Thu Nov 02, 2006 02:00 pm

Yes. If you have 25 pairs of friends (50 total) the Jazz for Peace organizers will do the rest. For example, if I gathered 50 friends to buy tickets ($25/ticket), I just call Jazz for Peace and tell them we're going to do the concert in the Tampa, FL area and they take it from there. Are you interested? Shoot me an email and I can give you more details.

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”