Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Need encouragement

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Need encouragement

Postby ileana » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:42 am

Hello again!

I'm still around... just having no time at all.

I am doing yoga at a studio run by a famous yoga teacher. It's a very nice place and they also do charitable acts: they sold pink towels for breast cancer and make coat drives and have raffle tickets with fundings going to Malawi, etc.

I just found out yesterday that she is pregnant and that they will start a prenatal series. What a great opportunity to raise awareness and maybe get them to donate something.

Did you guys successfully aproached some health club like this? I'm looking forward for any ideas, encouragement, etc.
ileana

Re : Need encouragement

Postby angelkat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 am

Ileana,

I'll send you an e-mail

Miss seeing you around
angelkat

Postby josiah1112 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:07 am

No experience with this but I miss "seeing"you around too.I hope you and little one are good.
josiah1112

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Dec 07, 2006 01:24 pm

Ileana,

That is a great opportunity! I echo everyone else here in that we miss seeing you around! I can imagine you are planning a birthday party as well soon for someone I got to meet? If I can think of anything or know of someone that has had success, I will certainly email you. Thank you for letting us know of this opportunity!
timelessbeauty

Postby Dawn D » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi, great idea to tap into health clubs, etc! Maybe if your instructor is just starting a prenatal yoga class they might consider for the first month donating a portion of the registraiton fee to PF for each new enrollment??

Enjoy watching your little one grow and change, and (when you can) keep up your work for PF...it is appreciated!

~Dawn
Dawn D

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange