Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Memory Quilt for Saving Grace - Update

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Memory Quilt for Saving Grace - Update

Postby rosemary » Mon Jan 22, 2007 03:49 pm

A Memory Quilt is going to be made and auctioned off at this year's Saving Grace Event. The queen size quilt will be made up of 42 - 12 inch squares. We are asking anyone would would like to participate to create a square for the quilt. This is a special way to remember and honor the Moms and angels who have been lost to PE as well as those who are survivors of PE.

Pre-cut, pre-washed fabric squares will be available to those who would like to contribute. The squares will be mailed out free of charge along with written instructions to be used as a guideline for creating your square. We request that you use these specific fabric squares in order for us to have a consistent final product. A return addressed envelope will also be included for you to send your finished square for inclusion in the quilt.

We ask that if you request a square, that you intend to complete it and have it mailed back no later than August 1, 2007. If you request a square and then decide that you don't want to participate, just simply e-mail me that you are declining.

To request a square(s) - please e-mail me at harleyro1@aol.com and put "QUILT" in the subject line. You must include your full name and complete mailing address with your request. Please also feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Re : Memory Quilt for Saving Grace - Update

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Jan 22, 2007 04:43 pm

I have already emailed you, I want my square! :-) Thank you so much for reviving this project and I can't wait to see it!

timelessbeauty

Postby molly419 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 04:58 pm

Rosemary--What a great project! I can not wait to see the end result!
molly419

Postby lisainnj » Mon Jan 22, 2007 05:18 pm

I emailed you - I'm guessing you'll be able to make more than one quilt.
lisainnj

Postby lucy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 09:05 pm

What can we put on our squares? (Names of those we are remembering, pictures etc just curious) thanks
lucy

Postby rosemary » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:08 pm

The only guideline that we are requesting is that no photos or last names are used, simply for privacy as the quilt will be auctioned off. First and middle names, dates and special sentiments along with any special embelishments that you would like can be used for the squares. Some suggestions: The squares can be hand or machine embroidered, cross stitched, painted with fabric paint, iron-on transfers, appliqued, you can use buttons, beads, quilting techniques, etc. If you have some other ideas, please feel free to e-mail them to me and I'll be glad to include them in the 'guidelines and idea' page that will be mailed out with the fabric squares.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Tue Jan 23, 2007 00:42 am

what a beautiful, beautiful idea! I will email requesting my square! I suspect this will be a hot auciton item....(of course no amount of money will do justice to how special the end product will truly be)!
Dawn D

Postby lucy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 01:43 pm

Awesome thanks for the information I emailed you.
lucy

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Tue Jan 23, 2007 01:58 pm

What a wonderful idea. I just sent you an email for my square.
mrs.magdaleno

Postby froggie89 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 07:34 pm

What a great idea! I'm emailing you for my square. [:)]
froggie89

Next

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange