Memory Quilt - Saving Grace 3/8 Update

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : Memory Quilt - Saving Grace 3/8 Update

Postby raspbeari » Wed May 23, 2007 12:38 am

Jana, I am sort of half enjoying doing it, but sort of frustrated too. I also want it to look perfect. It is one of the few things I get to do in rememberance for Kai, so it means a lot to me. I started working on it again last night, and now want to finish it up soon.
I do know how to sew but doing a quilt square is new to me. I am mostly using fabrics, embroidery thread and string.
I am inspired by you not knowing what you were going to do and then going ahead and making it anyway.

raspbeari

Postby jana m » Wed May 23, 2007 04:55 pm

Barbara,
I'm glad I could inspire you. I got frustrated many times while I was working on it because I thought it looked so silly. My husband kept telling me that all that mattered is that I was doing it with lots of love and because I wanted to do something special in memory of my girls. It means a lot to me to, which is why I haven't mailed it back yet (sorry, Rosemary!). I took a bunch of pictures of it though, so I don't forget what it looks like.
jana m

Postby for faith » Wed May 23, 2007 06:54 pm

Thanks Jana & Barbara, I keep looking at mine trying to figure out what to do that it will look just right. Thanks for helping me remember that I am are doing it to honor my daughter, not that it looks perfect.

Rosemary - I will get it back to you.....can't wait to see it all together.

Take care,
for faith

Postby rosemary » Wed May 23, 2007 06:58 pm

Hi Gals...so happy to see that you are working on your squares. (I haven't had the time to start mine yet) Please don't stress about this project... I can understand why you want it to be perfect...but please remember...this quilt is being made with lots of love and memories - and I have no doubt that it will be amazing and represent a powerful message when it's done. I really feel honored to be putting this together for all of us.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed May 23, 2007 11:55 pm

LOL Rosemary, I haven't had time to start mine yet either but will work on it in a couple weeks when things cool down activity-wise here. HUGS to all who are working on the quilt squares.
timelessbeauty

Postby theartsymom » Thu May 24, 2007 02:44 pm

AKK- WHEN IS THE DEADLINE ???
I managed to lose track of my envelope from the "TO do" pile. I discovered it last weekend when cleaning the closet in the guest bedroom. Obviously I have not started.

I do however, have a plan for it.
theartsymom

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu May 24, 2007 04:02 pm

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20784

This is the link back to the post talking about the project and August 1st is the due date. Still have a couple months. Just need to allow for time to mail it and Rosemary will be using the time after the due date to construct all the pieces together and get it to the Saving Grace event.
timelessbeauty

Postby misscoleyp » Thu May 24, 2007 07:56 pm

I keep feeling like mine is missing something, like it isn't done or perfect. I think I need to get on the same boat and realize it doesn't have to be perfect. I should have the Saving Grace square next week and I will pack them all up and send to Rosemary.
misscoleyp

Postby molly419 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 06:52 pm

Bumping up this topic to remind everyone of the August 1st deadline. I completely forgot about it, and I am starting on the square this week. :)
molly419

Postby rosemary » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanks Molly! I have received 4 squares back...38 more to go. I am looking forward to seeing each and every beautiful square! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange