Live Auction Items - Saving Grace 2007

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Live Auction Items - Saving Grace 2007

Postby grace04 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 09:05 pm

Hi all!

We are in need of 8-10 items for the live auction!! We are looking for help for ideas, donations, dollars, anything you can provide! Live auction items are typically valued at $1,000 or more (or "priceless" items that have sentimental value relative to preeclampsia). Here are some ideas:

--7 night stay at a resort or hotel in a destination city

--Roundtrip airfare for 2 that can be paired with a one week stay at a resort or destination hotel

--Autographed celebrity paraphernalia

--Tickets to Oprah or other popular talk show

--1 year membership to a wine club

--Tickets to a Professional sports game (Red Sox anyone?)

--Celebrity chef willing to donate time and ingredients to prepare a gourmet meal for a private party of four or more

If you have something you can donate, or a lead of something we can get, please email me at jaime@preeclampsia.org

Thank you!

Jaime

grace04

Re : Live Auction Items - Saving Grace 2007

Postby sandy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 04:31 pm

Jaime,
I see in your siggy the happy news. Congratulations :).

Wanted to share a unique auction item I just saw go for a lot of money for a church fundraiser we were recently at:

They were auctioning off parking spaces + pew reservations for Christmas and Easter masses! First time I'd heard of this, and it was a successful idea. (Around here, you have to show up about 45 minutes early for holidays, and still it's a madhouse).

I guess that just goes to show how creative these items can get. I've never been to Boston, but for those who are familiar with the area, perhaps they can get something similar donated...for whatever would be most coveted in that area.

If I have any great brainstorms or can get a hold of items, I will be in touch.
sandy

Postby Dawn D » Tue Jul 31, 2007 03:18 pm

Sandy, I had to chime in to say that the parking and pew idea is one of the most creative I've heard! Hope someone in that area can look into your neat suggestion.
Dawn D

Postby grace04 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 05:09 pm

I agree - what a unique idea. Thanks for sharing! I will bring it up on the conference call tomorrow night.
grace04

Postby kdreher » Tue Aug 07, 2007 04:11 pm

Jaime
I am asking my mom to help as well. She is a director at Foxwoods and does have some great contacts for some of the items. I'll keep you posted.
kdreher

Postby grace04 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 09:47 pm

That would be great Kris - Foxwoods doanted the first year when it was in Minneapolis. I would be thrilled if they did something again!

grace04

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange