Post Reply FAQ Members Login

I want to help!

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

I want to help!

Postby mom2ella » Wed Aug 01, 2007 05:02 pm

by mom2ella (238 Posts), Wed Aug 01, 2007 05:02 pm

I lost my daughter in May and am so frustrated with the whole preeclampsia situation. I found out today that I have 2 treatable blood clotting disorders that led to my early deliver and therefore the death of my daughter. It makes me livid that they don't do these tests on ALL pregnant or TTC women in the first place.

Anyway, the only thing positive that I can get out of losing my daughter is helping others. I am a social worker with severely mentally ill children in Cincinnati so I have experience with non-profit work, etc. There are so many places on this website that I wasn't sure where to post. How can I help get the word out about PE/HELLP and/or help others in similar situations? I don't know where to begin. Thanks.
mom2ella

Re : I want to help!

Postby miracle3 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 05:32 pm

by miracle3 (783 Posts), Wed Aug 01, 2007 05:32 pm

Hey Nikkole I will send you an email letting you know some of the various needs that are in Ohio. I am so sorry for your loss and I appreciate your willingness to help spread the word. We are working on getting some small groups going in Ohio due to our ever growing membership. I will be in contact with you. If I can be of any help let me know = )
miracle3

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange