SG - Moderators Inspired Member Donation

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

SG - Moderators Inspired Member Donation

Postby lgw » Wed Oct 31, 2007 02:33 pm

I just want to let everyone know that one of the forum members (she wishes to remain anonymous) made a $5,000 contribution to the PF at Saving Grace. Her donation was the first pledge during the direct giving campaign and it really KICKED off the pledges. She and her husband donated the money specifically because the forum has been so
"amazingly helpful" for her personally. She would like the moderators to know that their volunteer work spurred the donation. She says that she is "constantly impressed" by the moderators. Great work moderators![:)][:D][:)] Thanks so much for your time and commitment.
lgw

Re : SG - Moderators Inspired Member Donation

Postby fiona » Wed Oct 31, 2007 02:57 pm

Wow! What an incredible gift. Thank you for letting us know about this and giving us the chance to express our gratitude.

I'm so glad to see the moderating team acknowleged - they make this forum the incredible resource it is and I am endlessly awed by their commitment and knowlege. They also make my job a lot easier ;-)
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby laura » Wed Oct 31, 2007 03:10 pm

Amen, sister! I gotta say that this one donation in particular is particularly touching to me. I'm SO glad that what we do here is helpful.

And our moderators here are worth their weight in gold, we always known that, but to know that you guys know that, too is- just really heartening.
laura

Postby caryn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 03:49 pm

...I'm stunned speechless...

Thank you! I know I don't do this to be recognized; I do it to help women and babies. And that money will go a long way towards helping with that goal.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 31, 2007 04:14 pm

Amazing! That's just incredible news; agreeing with Caryn on why I'm here. This place helped me when I needed it most; paying it forward is the very least I can do. Thank you SO much for your generous contribution.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Wed Oct 31, 2007 04:31 pm

WOW! I too am speechless. Thank you so,so much for the contribution, and kind words!! I couldn't possibly think of a better way to recognize this dedicated group of people. Bless your heart!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Oct 31, 2007 05:40 pm

How cool!!! It is so great to hear about money coming from someone who has been helped by the forums - I love that big companies give money too, but this is really personal. Thank you so much!!!!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Wed Oct 31, 2007 08:35 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The efforts put forth by the moderators is a way for us to pay it forward, at least for me it was. The information and support I received as a member (especially when I was new) was priceless. The donations made by the corporations are wonderful, but this donation has touched many of us in a way that words cannot express. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
denise

Postby annegarrett » Wed Oct 31, 2007 09:02 pm

I am particularly moved by this because as Leslie has said so many times--the forum is our "homefront" and where our heart shows. I truly believe it is the jewel in the crown of the PF and wish I could take credit for it but it was in fact launched by our early volunteer Angela Demoore and then quickly molded by women like Laura and Catherine and then later the amazing women you see here. I mostly stay out of their way but I continue to passionately say that the forum is our most valuable asset.

I just want to add the L'Oreal Women of Worth campaign is over and I am so please to let you know that our moderators are going to receive a token thank you from L'Oreal for their hard work. I am working with them to get some samples from their Hope line which funds their Ovarian Cancer Research Fund initiative and when I get those will send them onto all you hard working moderators. My favorite part of the whole program was in the video--they had asked us what a Woman of Worth is--and I said--every woman is a woman of worth. I know we all believe that here--so am so pleased that you are getting recognized in this wonderful way. Giving each of you a standing ovation from my living room!!

Lots of love,

PS: You can stop voting for me now.[8D]
annegarrett

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange