Baby Expo's

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Baby Expo's

Postby kara » Mon Nov 05, 2007 08:46 pm

Anyone set up a booth at Baby Expo's as an Awareness campaign? We discussed the possibility/idea at our Wisconsin Members meeting. I thought I'd seen someone else do this before, so wanted a brain or two to pick!

Thanks,
Kara
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Baby Expo's

Postby Dawn D » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi Kara,
Molly had been working hard here in PA to organize a booth for a medical/health expo in Phila. It didn't work out for 2007, but hopefully for 2008.

However, Miranda in MN was part of an event in her area back in May ....She reported roughly 160 people attended, and her booth representing PF was among approx 50 others. The event focused mainly on infant loss & infertility issues.

Let me know if you need help getting in contact with her - or with any other planning. Hope your meeting went well. I get the sense you guys have so much fun getting together! :-)

Dawn D

Postby kara » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:51 pm

Thanks Dawn! I hadn't thought about medical/fertility/loss events. That's a great idea too. If you have Miranda's info off hand that'd be great! I know how to reach Molly.
Thanks!
Kara
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby misscoleyp » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:22 am

I did a booth in April at a local Art & Jazz Festival. They reported that 200,000 people went to the event this year. Email me if you need any ideas or help. misscoleyp@yahoo.com
misscoleyp

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:00 pm

This is a wonderful idea... I'm not sure when we will have a Baby Expo in Utah... but I would love to do something like this!

I was also wondering if we would be able to do a booth at my next March of Dimes WalkAmerica (2008)... I know it's a ways away... but I like to plan in advance... has anyone done this??? Can we??? I know I would have to contact our local MOD Chapter to get an "a-okay"... but I would be willing to do this if it was "a-okayed" through the Preeclampsia Foundation :)

cindyh27

Postby kara » Wed Nov 07, 2007 06:30 pm

Cindy,
The PF now has an Official alliance with the MOD...so it's definitely worth investigating and getting the ok from the MOD's! This will be a great thread to pass on ideas and tips!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby cindyh27 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 04:59 pm

Thanks Kara! I think it would be an awesome way to get the word out! Seeing how Preelampsia is the leading cause for preterm births... you'd think more people would know about it... knowing the signs and symptoms would have been helpful to me...

I'll be contacting our local MOD's and if I get the a-okay I'll be contacting you Nicole for tips! [:)]
cindyh27

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange