Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Fund Raiser Licence Plates

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Fund Raiser Licence Plates

Postby shelley » Thu Nov 22, 2007 01:10 pm

by shelley (19 Posts), Thu Nov 22, 2007 01:10 pm

This is to give you another idea. As a national foundation we should be able to raise awareness through license plates with logos with HELLP Syndrom and Preeclampsia, etc. on tem. All it takes are petitions an paying for them if they are approved. (Connecticut Nurses just did it).
shelley

Re : Fund Raiser Licence Plates

Postby Dawn D » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi Shelley, thanks for the suggestion. I do believe these specialty plate petitions and approvals are done by state - so the procedures and cost vary a bit. We will look further into this as a possibilty for the future as our membership continues to grow nationally.

For now, here is the link to a reasonably priced product that can be used currently to spread awareness while driving around town.... (a licence plate cover/frame with the PF website on it).

http://www.cafepress.com/preeclampsiaorg/1574707

again, thanks so much for letting us know about this!

Dawn D

Re : Fund Raiser Licence Plates

Postby sandy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 01:02 pm

by sandy (1138 Posts), Sun Dec 16, 2007 01:02 pm

fyi: I've had my PF license plate for at least a year or two now and it's holding up quite nicely. I think the only way I'd "replace" it is if we get on from the state of CA!
sandy

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange