Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Angel sale/Gift idea to benefit PF - December

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Angel sale/Gift idea to benefit PF - December

Postby Dawn D » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:54 pm

Kelsi's Gift - A Sale to Benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation

To honor Kelsi, an angel due to preeclampsia, Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox is hosting a promotion from December 1, 2007 to January 1, 2008 to benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation.

Jewelry artist Melissa Muir, mother of Kelsi and owner of Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox has designed a series of Angels in honor of Kelsi. During the Kelsi's Gift promotion, Melissa will donate to PF a full 50% of the price of each angel purchased.

Each angel is handmade by Melissa Muir. Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox has many designs to choose from and most can be customized to include birthstones or angel stones, making this a great memorial or mothers pendant. The angels may be worn as pendants or an optional pin back can be added for wearing as a brooch. Some angels may also be used as small ornaments. Custom orders are always welcome. To ensure delivery by Christmas, please place orders by December 11, 2007. Prices range from $20 to $75.

To see products or place order visit Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox at http://www.kcjewelbox.com today.

This is a great way to raise awareness and funds to support the Preeclampsia Foundation and honor those whose lives have been affected by preeclampsia. Please help us by spreading the word of this promotion. Melissa's goal is to raise at least $1,000. You can check the daily status of the goal on her home page: http://www.kcjewelbox.com.

In honor of sweet baby Kelsi Muir, born at 24 weeks, weighing 13 oz. December 30, 2004 - January 1, 2005

Dawn D

Re : Angel sale/Gift idea to benefit PF - December

Postby melissam » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:09 am

Thanks for posting this Dawn.

I have sold 7 angels so far. I am going to be going to my local hospitals today to see if I can get the angels into some of the gift shops. I hope it goes well. Cross your fingers. :D
melissam

Postby alaskamommy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:48 am

The angels are lovely!
alaskamommy

Postby Dawn D » Tue Dec 04, 2007 02:04 pm

great to hear you've sold so many already! The angels are just beautiful and will surely sell themselves. I like your idea of reaching out to the gift shops. We appreciate all you're doing!
Dawn D

Postby melissam » Thu Dec 06, 2007 04:35 am

Thank you Christina. I really appreciate that.

I am up to $220 for donations so far. I sold 4 to the gift shop at the hospital. Let's hope they move, and if they do, they will buy more.

This is very exciting. I am telling EVERYONE. I am sure a lot of people are sick of hearing from me. But every now and then it sells an angel and I get even more excited. :D
melissam

Postby alaskamommy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 01:00 pm

Hey Melissa, congratulations on those great sales! That is absolutely wonderful!

I like your idea of reaching out to hospital gift shops too! I may just take a few of my "PE soap bars" over to our local hospital and see if they'll want to sell a few for me. =D

You know who else have been very receptive to me are museum gift shops. You would think they'd want it to tie in with the exhibits at the museum but not necessarily. Often (well, at least in my experience here in AK) they're just looking for items that are a little more upscale or lovely to look at - and your angels definitely fit that bill!
alaskamommy

Postby cindyh27 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:08 am

Melissa,

These are beautiful. What a wonderful gift these will make... I'm going to do my on-line shopping this weekend... so I'll be sure to order ;)

What a wonderful way to honor your precious angel Kelsi
cindyh27

Postby melissam » Sat Dec 08, 2007 00:37 am

Christina,

That is a great idea! Thanks!

Thank you Cindy. I grew up not too far from where you currently are! Thanks for all of your support everyone.

I am now up to $272.50. I have a ways to go, but at least I am getting closer. [:D]
melissam

Postby angelkat » Sat Dec 08, 2007 09:11 pm

Hey Melissa,

Are you doing any Mommy bracelets?... I know send the thought and you will turn it into a beautiful pieace!

Ben wants to know if you gave any more thought to the Man Man angel
angelkat

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:36 am

Melissa,

Small world huh?!? I'm so excited to receive the angel :) It looks beautiful on the website!

I hope you have much peace and happiness during the Holiday Season ((hugs))

Cindy
cindyh27

Next

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange