Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hand-made Soap and Lotion Sale to support PF

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : Hand-made Soap and Lotion Sale to support PF

Postby alaskamommy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 am

by alaskamommy (582 Posts), Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 am

I'm so glad all of your soaps arrived safely and in time for Christmas. Enjoy! And thanks for your orders! =D
alaskamommy

Postby Dawn D » Wed Jan 02, 2008 03:18 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Wed Jan 02, 2008 03:18 pm

Hi Christine,

I know the sale is ongoing, but checking in to see how things ended up after the holiday. Everyone is just loving your products! THANK YOU again, for donating portions to PF!

When you have calculations, maybe post another update on sales totals.

Dawn D

Postby alaskamommy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 03:35 pm

by alaskamommy (582 Posts), Wed Jan 02, 2008 03:35 pm

Thanks Dawn, I'm so glad everybody liked their stuff! =D

How Providencial that you posted ... I was just sitting here wondering where I should send the check to.

Unfortunately with the new baby I wasn't able to do any craft fairs before Christmas, which is usually a huge sales event for me. However, I think this spring I'll be able to do a few, and by then I hope to have some other PE products together (if I have permission from you guys), including a lotion (which will be good, because I can put the symptoms on the label and that's not something you remove, as with the soaps, so it'll be seen with each use) and a gift basket for mommies-to-be and new mommies, which with luck I'll have in some gift shops and the local hospitals. That'll be my big push for Mothers Day. Plus by then I'll have other soap options available with the PE bar.

So anyway, my total for December was $25. Lots of sales right at first and then it tapered off. But that's OK, like I said earlier it's a start! =D
alaskamommy

Postby Dawn D » Wed Jan 02, 2008 07:52 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Wed Jan 02, 2008 07:52 pm

that's a great total Christine....and neat ideas for future sales! I'll email you directly with some info on sending chk to admin offices.

Note to everyone: keep purchasing! What a great gift idea for birthdays throughout the year!
Dawn D

Postby alaskamommy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 09:36 pm

by alaskamommy (582 Posts), Thu Jan 03, 2008 09:36 pm

Just an update to say that I added a lotion to the PE soaps on my website. I updated it on the first page, but thought I should mention here at the end too. =D
alaskamommy

Postby cindyh27 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 05:23 pm

by cindyh27 (1034 Posts), Tue Jan 15, 2008 05:23 pm

Christina,

Ordered the lotion... can't wait to try it!!! Love my soap :)

Thanks,
Cindy
cindyh27

Postby alaskamommy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 07:49 pm

by alaskamommy (582 Posts), Fri Jan 25, 2008 07:49 pm

I am so excited! [:D] I emailed the owner of the company where I buy most of my supplies (Southern Soapers), and asked her if she would consider mentioning the PF label stuff on her blog – it is very widely read by those in the soap biz (her Yahoo group has over 3,100 members) and lately she has been posting photos of her customers’ products.

Not only was she happy to, as it turns out she suffered from PE and almost died with her last baby (who coincidentally enough is also named Nicholas!). It never ceases to amaze me how many women I come across who have suffered from PE. We're everywhere! But also, she purchased the “One of everything” gift set from the website so that she can take good pictures of the items and “make them look really snazzy” for her blog. She is an awesome photographer, whereas I … let’s just say am not. But this is great publicity for the PF– I’m so excited! Not only that, but it's a $20 donation to the PF too! [:D]
alaskamommy

Postby cindyh27 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 02:26 pm

by cindyh27 (1034 Posts), Sun Jan 27, 2008 02:26 pm

Way to go Christina!

Received my lotion and LOVE it... now if I can find time for a bath (showers, in and out..) to use the samples you sent along with it, thanks a bunch!! :)
cindyh27

Previous

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange