Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hand-made Soap and Lotion Sale to support PF

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : Hand-made Soap and Lotion Sale to support PF

Postby alaskamommy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 06:13 pm

Thanks Rebecca! It sure can - however for soaps that are still in the curing stage, I would put a sticker on the label that said "best if used after 12/25" (or whenever - you get the idea). They are totally safe for use before then, but since all the water hasn't evaporated out they can be a bit softer than normal when wet and won't last as long.

All my male relatives got beer soap for Christmas last year - now it's a standing request. =D And I sent several dozen bars to the soldiers in Afghanistan while my DH was serving there last year because I got so annoyed that they weren't allowed to have a beer on the Fourth of July. Soldiers from other countries could - just not our guys. Grrrr. Anyway, DH said that was a big hit too. Of course, I think anything those guys got while they were over there was incredibly appreciated. =)
alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 06:34 pm

Rebecca - I just double-checked and the postal service is still saying no later than Dec. 20 for Priority Mail "anywhere in the country." But I mailed a package yesterday and they're saying to give it a week (this being the great northern reaches of Alaska, after all - *wink*). So I just put a note on the web page saying that orders should be in NLT the 17th.

And it's actually Dec. 11 for Canada. =)

Hope that helps ...

alaskamommy

Postby annegarrett » Wed Dec 05, 2007 08:07 pm

I can personally say that I have an autoimmune disease of the lungs and so am one of those folks Fiona mentioned is very sensitive to products. I use all natural cleaning products at home and tend to use essential oils for candles, soaps, scents, etc. My personal favorite scent of the moment is geranium. We've used Christina's soaps and we love them. Thank you for doing this for the PF, from one Alaskan to the next! Best of luck! I better get my order in!
annegarrett

Postby cindyh27 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:06 am

Christina,

You're amazing! I will be putting in an order soon... I can't wait to try them... it's so dry here in Utah I could use a fantastic soap that moisturizes... love your web site!
cindyh27

Postby alaskamommy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 08:53 pm

Thanks Anne, I'm so glad you liked your soaps!

And thanks Cindy - you don't know how many hours I spent working and re-working that website! And BTW, I love Carson's new photo. He is just getting cuter and cuter every day!
alaskamommy

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:40 am

Christina,

Thanks! I think he's starting to look like a little boy :) I have better pictures... the coloring on that one is not very good... I'll change it soon...

I love Niko's side profile... he looks so sweet and peaceful resting... what a little angel!

Hey, I do have a question about the soaps that I ordered... can you use them on your face????? I never use soap on my face... but since these are moisturizing soaps is it okay????

Hope you get TONS of orders!
cindyh27

Postby alaskamommy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:49 am

Cindy, as a matter of fact, you can. =D I do. Furthermore, some people use them as shampoo bars on their hair (especially the beer ones).

Also, I am working on a new super lush moisturizing cream made with shea butter and emu oil. It's still in the testing stage, but so far all my testers LOVE it. It cleared up some eczema my mom had too. Hopefully I'll have it ready for sale early next year. But if I can scare up a sample, I'll send some with your soaps.

I'm thinking of adding a "baby basket" to my PE donation section, that would have a baby soap, bum balm and belly balm for pregnant mommies. It's been a popular gift for baby showers, and I could include a PE brochure in there - I'm just thinking it would be a nicer way to target the people who need the PE info most. Can't do that until next year either though, since I'm about out of the bum balm and been too busy making soap to make up a batch. =D
alaskamommy

Postby fiona » Mon Dec 10, 2007 02:03 pm

Christina, do you do international shipping? I'd like to send bars to my family in Europe. Or should I have them shipped to Canada and mail them myself?
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby alaskamommy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 03:45 pm

Hi Fiona,

Sorry … I did see your post here a bit ago, but wanted to do a bit of research before I answered. =) And my stupid email is on the fritz again (grrr) so I received your email but it won't let me reply. =C

I’d be happy to ship wherever you like. Some of the concerns I had relate more to shipping to *customers* who are overseas, especially in Europe, where labeling requirements are very strict and formulas are very strictly regulated. But since you not *buying* these items from overseas, I think it’ll be fine.

So I can do it either way – just let me know which items you would like shipped to where.

And thanks for you interest!
alaskamommy

Postby fiona » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:03 pm

Thanks Christina - I made an order, then dropped you an email about delivery.
fiona
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange