Signed up for a baby fair in April!

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : Signed up for a baby fair in April!

Postby alaskamommy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 09:32 pm

Cindy - that's awesome -wow!

Dawn, yes I do have enough brochures & magnets. I'd love to have one of the vinyl banners to use. I'll wait to hear about those points you mentioned, and Laura maybe we can work together to put up some kind of display? What I would like to do is just pull info directly from this website and the links to studies and news reports that Caryn has posted to the "PE in the News" section.
alaskamommy

Postby misscoleyp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 09:54 pm

Almost a year ago I hosted a booth at our local Arts & Jazz fest. They usually have about 200,000 people go through it.

There is a really great elevator speech on the WAT cd. There are also some other great things on there too. If you don't have a WAT cd, email me and I will send you some stuff.

misscoleyp

Postby eleni » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:36 pm

As far as handouts and materials to have on hand, go to the Press Room section of the website and print out the two backgrounders (one on the org and one on PE) as well as any of the press releases that are more recent and look like they might be interesting to your local crowd (e.g., Laura Muller selected as Volunteer of the Year in 2006!). Other things to have a few copies of in case conversations come up and they want more: the position paper on the PE/CVD connection (also found on our website) and the flyer advertising the online CME. If any health care professionals come by, encourage them to take the online CME for which they will get education credits and also to take some "Rx pads" that they can use in their offices to direct their patients to the PF website for more information (get those Rx pads from the PF office). Don't know how large of a Spanish population you have up there, but if applicable, make sure you also have the Spanish version of our brochure available. (You can get those from the PF office). And yes, you can borrow a banner - we had a couple dozen made one year and they can be borrowed for events like this.

There's a new Volunteer News (winter issue)... good idea to print that out if you can on 11x17 paper so it folds like a hardcopy newsletter.

When talking about our mission, sometimes it's easier to remember the tagline which kind of summarizes it in layman's language: "Faster diagnosis - better care - healthier outcomes".

Now that I'm sitting here writing all this out... I think I'm going to ask Tom to put together a standard handout that lists these basics for hosting an awareness booth.

Let me know if you can't find the materials I'm referencing -- they're all on our website, but I can include specific links if necessary.

It would be great if Laura can join you. Congrats for landing this opportunity and good luck!!
eleni
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange