Car Magnets - Were they ever done?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Car Magnets - Were they ever done?

Postby staceynw » Tue Mar 18, 2008 01:43 pm

I searched for some old threads on car ribbon magnets but didn't find a whole lot. Has this been turned down or is it still a possibility to get car ribbon magnets. . . . or window cling ribbons?

Personally, I'd like the window cling ribbons cuz they don't get lost in the car wash and people can't get inside to steal them.
staceynw

Re : Car Magnets - Were they ever done?

Postby canserb3 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 02:02 pm

I would think this would be a good one as family members would want to have them as well. It is a great thing as it raises money and awareness.
canserb3

Postby cindyh27 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 04:50 pm

Hi Ladies!

They do have vinyl car stickers and License Plate Frames available through CafePress listed under ‘Other Items’ Here is the link… hope that helps! :)

http://www.cafepress.com/preeclampsiaorg

I've orders a couple of times... very fast standard shipping 'bonus!!'

cindyh27

Postby Dawn D » Tue Mar 18, 2008 04:56 pm

it's great to see members wanting to spread awareness in a varitety of ways...thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, it's usually required that an organization pay for these sorts of items up front with a large minimum order requirement.

Without knowing that the "masses" would purchase - and considering we have a relatively small membership at this time - it is not the most effective place to put PF funds.

That said, I will research a little, possibly these magnets could compliment another fundsg project ... or maybe through cafepress they could become available in future.

In the meantime, if you want to use your car to advertise our cause, remember that PF does have license plate frames available for purchase through cafepress.com. ALSO, we have a stock of Preeclampsia Fnd royal blue awareness bracelets that can be bought (just a few dollars) and worn.

edit: I see Cindy replied right before me with the link - thanks, Cindy!
Dawn D

Postby cindyh27 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 05:01 pm

Hi Dawn,

Are you sure about the Vinyl Car Stickers? They have it on the web site.... and you can add it to the cart... something new maybe? I just placed an order last week for buttons/note cards (thank you's) for our volunteers for the WAT and T-Shirts :)

can you tell I'm on spring break... all my posts *giggle*
cindyh27

Postby Dawn D » Tue Mar 18, 2008 05:15 pm

yep, you're right the vinyl sticker is available http://www.cafepress.com/preeclampsiaorg.63674886
Duh!, I didn't realize it was for car...I just thought it was a really durable sticker - LOL!

Dawn D

Postby cindyh27 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 05:24 pm

LOL :) I think it's a great idea to spread the word!
cindyh27

Postby darateacher » Thu Apr 24, 2008 06:54 pm

If you go to MagnetAmerica.com, they have a way to customize ribbons, too. Is there a way we could customize a ribbon-magnet for pre-eclampsia, and maybe sell it as a fundraiser?
darateacher

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange