Right now the requirements for participation include:
1) Had preeclampsia or HELLP in the last two years
2) With your first pregnancy
3)Your baby survived (they want to get DNA samples from the babies)
4) You will donate saliva (to donate you take a cotton swab that is provided and rub inside your cheek and then put that sample in a plastic bag that is provided and put that into a pre-addressed and prepaid envelope and mail it in)
5) You can convince most of the following people to donate saliva samples :
your partner or parent of the baby, the baby
your mother and father, biological sisters, brothers, their spouses/partners and the resulting first born of that union
your partner's mother and father, biological sisters, brothers, their spouses/partners and the resulting first born of that union
6) I am not sure but this MAY be restricted to residents of the USA. I will find out and post it here.
If you meet these requirements--send an email to email@example.com and put NIH STUDY in the subject header.
Thanks! To start with we need 50 women and their families. If this goes well--we will need 250. It is an easy thing you can do to make a difference!