Post Reply FAQ Members Login

A Nice Surprise with Nice Results

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

A Nice Surprise with Nice Results

Postby shellysmomdad » Wed Nov 26, 2008 02:28 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just want to share a story that had positive results for the PF.
Got a call (totally unexpected) yesterday morning from one of Shelly's cousins. Seems her and her daughters got the urge to bake earlier in the week, so they baked a variety of items for the "sweet tooth", and set up a table at her husband's auto shop. They named their table Pastries for Preeclampsia. I took some PF brochures and flyers for the upcoming trivia night (more on that later) to the shop (and bought some pastries myself:)) to let people know of the cause they were supporting. When the day was done, everything had been sold, and $125 was raised for the PF. And they're planning to do it again before Christmas. A truly heartwarming gesture on their part.
A story worth sharing.
Thank You.
John
shellysmomdad

Re : A Nice Surprise with Nice Results

Postby sonja » Wed Nov 26, 2008 04:59 pm

What a great idea - a great way to make money for the PF and to raise awareness.

I am looking forward to hearing about your trivia night.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Fri Nov 28, 2008 06:10 pm

totally worth sharing with us! A wonderful example of how easy(yet beneficial) something like this can be. Very "SWEET" of your family members to do it with PF (and of course your Shelly)in mind.
thanks John!
Dawn D

Postby annes » Fri Nov 28, 2008 06:33 pm

Thank you for sharing this! When people do this kind of thing it restores my faith in people!
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Sat Nov 29, 2008 08:28 am

What a wonderful event, and how thoughtful of them. Best of luck with their future sale. And thank you for sharing John.
denise

Postby jenniferf » Sat Nov 29, 2008 09:49 am

I'm so happy to hear the event was such a success. I love the name Pastries for Preeclampsia!
jenniferf

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange