Fundraiser at restaurant?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Fundraiser at restaurant?

Postby jjones1333 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 pm

There is a restaurant in my town that holds fundraisers.

They say all that needs to be done is to prepare a flyer, which they help with, bring it in and present it on the day we choose. They then attach those flyers to our tickets. Out of the gross sales, they refund 20% to us.

The restaurant has a conference room as well that holds up to 60 people.

I was thinking of holding an event there. Has anyone done this? If so how did it go? If not, do you think it is a good idea?
jjones1333

Re : Fundraiser at restaurant?

Postby Dawn D » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 am

Hi Jenette,

thank you so much for your willingness to do something to benefit PF and spread awareness in your community. Yes, other volunteers have done this sort of thing in the past. I'm going to email you directly to share more about how you can move forward with a plan that matches your idea, yet adheres to our organization's fundraising policies.

Anyone wishing to hold any event where funds will be collected for our cause should first contact me, so that we can guide you down an EASY and appropriate path to representing PF.

thanks, Jenette
Dawn D

Re : Fundraiser at restaurant?

Postby jjones1333 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 02:32 am

I am really interested in holding an event. Please email me the fundraising policies. My email is jjones1333@yahoo.com
jjones1333

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange