Check with your employer...

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Check with your employer...

Postby Dawn D » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 am

For some companies, this is the time of year where they set up "charity giving" programs. Often they give employees the option to have a specified amount (just a few dollars, sometimes even .cents) automatically taken out of each paycheck with the company matching a portion of that money and donating to charity of choice.

Over the course of one year this could add up to be a valuable "chunk" for PF! Check into it!

P.S. Thanks Denise, for the reminder on this :-)
Dawn D

Re : Check with your employer...

Postby kara » Wed Sep 30, 2009 05:33 pm

And your contribtuions are tax deductible, too!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby missgamecock » Wed Sep 30, 2009 08:54 pm

Were you guys ever able to set anything up with the federal combined giving campaign?
missgamecock

Postby Dawn D » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi Sabrina,
I believe there is an extensive application process that includes a deep review of an organizations structure, finances, etc.
At this time the leadership team is giving it's time and energy to a number of tasks that are priority within the organization. That doesn't mean we won't see if we can more thoroughly seek out what is required....

of course bringing in monetary support is a top goal, so this CFC project is certainly something to strive toward for the future.

updating my response to include that PF did set this up in the past and brought in valuable revenue from it. It is a yearly application/renewal process and there are plans to meet deadlines for setting up in 2010.

Thanks for checking. :-)

Dawn D

Postby rebecca2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 07:51 pm

My husband is trying to set up his charitable donations through work (his company will match contributions), but the PE Foundation isn't in their system. If you can send me the following information, he will ask his employer to add them. I sent an email, but haven't received the info yet and his deadline for changes is Nov 11th.

Organization Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Organization EIN (Tax ID Number): * -
Organization Name:*
Organization Address: *
Organization City: *
Organization State:*
Zip/Postal Code(XXXXX-XXXX): *
Organization Contact Phone Number:*
Organization Fax:
Organization Contact Email:*
Organization Web Site:
Organization Mission Statement:

rebecca2

Postby Dawn D » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi Becky, I believe Renee replied to you this evening with the info.
Dawn D

Postby Dawn D » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:09 am

2010 UPDATE:
http://preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39976
Dawn D

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange