Items

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Items

Postby atvlady » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 pm

I would like the foundation to offer more items to "advertise" itsself. What would REALLY be good is to have shirts made and on the front have I am a survivor..... then on the back have preeclampsia then have the foundation link at the bottom. Something in that line. Raffling, bake sales, yard sales, donation sales, community days, donation matching....list goes on. In the end, we are true survivors. I think if people saw our shirt they would wonder what we have survived and maybe just maybe they would ask. Awareness can start there. Also baby onesies would be cute too.
atvlady

Re : Items

Postby kara » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 pm

The marketplace does have sweatshirts and there might be shirts leftover from the 2009 walks (there are no dates on them). We do have a survivor shirt that was made for one of the walks that we are looking at ordering.

Unfortunately there are minimum quantities for these types of things and we dont have the budget to order 1000 tshirts. Especially in these tough economic times, charities get hit hard. If someone could find a sponsor for shirts or printing, we do have a design. Contact Renee.Molstad@preeclampsia.org to see what our shirt inventory looks like. There may be a survivor shirt or two left.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby atvlady » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks Kara. We have a tshirt printing place 15 miles from here. They do excellent work! I wonder if calling these manufacturers would yield something of benefit for us? Pepsi is just up the road from my house and they let people sale their products to benefit a cause. The thing I find the hardest is awareness. You wouldn't believe the people that doesn't even know what pre-e is. I would love to put a advertisement on a billboard LOL I have a list of stuff that could be done. We do a lot of fundraising at the community center were I am the secy. Let me know. I will help all I can.
atvlady

Postby Dawn D » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 pm

to add to what Kara has said, I'll remind everyone that there are some PF items available for purchase through cafepress....including mugs, maternity and adult shirts, and even baby onesies in pnk, blue and white. click link:
http://www.cafepress.com/preeclampsiaorg

PF receives donation from these purchases.

Walk participants and coordinators receive t-shirts each year with registration. And, with sponsorship, other local fundraisers can (and often do)provide t-shirts to event participants. Additionally, we have rubber awareness bracelets available for small donation(limited supply, contact Renee).

Dawn D

Postby atvlady » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 pm

What if I wanted to do a awareness ribbon in honor of our daughter but for all money going to the foundation?
atvlady

Postby Dawn D » Fri Oct 30, 2009 00:04 am

Delissa,
sorry we cross-posted or I would have added you can email me anytime to discuss specific fundraising ideas or sponsorships. (I know we've tried a to connect by phone also).

For a variety of reasons it is important that appropriate protocal is followed when representing PF and I am happy to talk more about the possibilities and community connections you mention and how they can be pursued with respect to our organization's policies.

Thank you for your interest in doing more in support of PF's mission. So many share your desire to "shout it from the mountain top". Telling our personal stories and directing people to the Foundation are some of the most powerful ways we can spread awareness.

Dawn D

Postby atvlady » Fri Oct 30, 2009 00:58 am

Hey Dawn. If you call me and I don't answer, keep trying back or leave me a voicemail and let me know what time it would be good for me to call you back. I run a business from home and it is a TIGHT ship around here! Yes I would love to do more, it's just finding out what I can do. Thank you for your time
atvlady

Postby jmom08 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 07:30 pm

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to say I love the items on cafepress, but especially love the Walk t-shirts from last year (with the footprints -- they are great!). I would definitely like to buy a couple extra if the PF needs to unload them! =)
jmom08

Postby kara » Mon Nov 02, 2009 07:42 pm

Inthink there are plenty to unload. Check out our marketplace from our home page or call the home office!!!
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange