Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Prevention Magazine

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Prevention Magazine

Postby josiah1112 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 08:23 am

by josiah1112 (1368 Posts), Sat Jun 19, 2004 08:23 am

Hi ladies,

I've contacted prevention magazine to encourage them to
write something up about preeclampsia. I was wondering
if anyone else would be willing to join me? So far, I've
gotten a - Please send query with full details to Submissions
editor, Prevention Magazine, 33 E. Minor St. Emmaus, PA 18098-
A "my story" type of piece would not be appropriate but something
on preeclampsia would, since they are a "specific guidance on
heathy living" magazine. Let me know what you think.

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03- 12/4/03 @ 26wks pre e
Moderator- Foro Latino
Future Adoptive Mom
josiah1112

Re : Prevention Magazine

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Jun 20, 2004 09:32 am

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Sun Jun 20, 2004 09:32 am

I have some writing experience, so I would be happy to join you when time permits! (I work full-time, so maybe a few hours on the weekend could be useful).

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!
hannahsmom

Postby annegarrett » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:41 am

by annegarrett (2525 Posts), Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:41 am

For medical articles about preeclampsia--be absolutely certain to contact myself or Eleni Tsigas. Eleni is our Director of Communications so send her your writing ideas and stories or at least copy her so she is kept in the loop. She may already be working with them on something and sometimes when we have people writing to groups/magazines about us without coordinating then people think we don't have a plan. We actually have a great communications plan.

For personal stories--naturally, you should send those out to whomever will take them but please do keep Eleni in the loop and work with us for accuracy. If you wish to donate writing time to the PF--please contact her and we can field stories we get to you. We just finished one for epregnancy, fyi.

For big names (like Oprah, and other talk shows) feel free to write and write and write and write. Eventually, our voices will be heard and we will find our disease featured. So you know-we have so far been on the cover of the NYTimes Sunday Magazine (August 2002), the TODAY show (September 2003), the cover of Glamour magazine (March 2002), and interviewed by the BBC, Puget Sound Business Journal and featured on local Seattle stations KIRO twice. We get a lot of press and work very hard to send a unified message so the best support you can give us is to follow these guidelines and keep us in the loop. Thanks!!!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:42 am

by annegarrett (2525 Posts), Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:42 am

For medical articles about preeclampsia--be absolutely certain to contact myself or Eleni Tsigas. Eleni is our Director of Communications so send her your writing ideas and stories or at least copy her so she is kept in the loop. She may already be working with them on something and sometimes when we have people writing to groups/magazines about us without coordinating then people think we don't have a plan. We actually have a great communications plan.

For personal stories--naturally, you should send those out to whomever will take them but please do keep Eleni in the loop and work with us for accuracy. If you wish to donate writing time to the PF--please contact her and we can field stories we get to you. We just finished one for epregnancy, fyi.

For big names (like Oprah, and other talk shows) feel free to write and write and write and write. Eventually, our voices will be heard and we will find our disease featured. So you know-we have so far been on the cover of the NYTimes Sunday Magazine (August 2002), the TODAY show (September 2003), the cover of Glamour magazine (March 2002), and interviewed by the BBC, Puget Sound Business Journal and featured on local Seattle stations KIRO twice. We get a lot of press and work very hard to send a unified message so the best support you can give us is to follow these guidelines and keep us in the loop. Thanks!!!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby josiah1112 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:21 am

by josiah1112 (1368 Posts), Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:21 am

Anne, I wrote in why I think they should write an article on pre e. I also copied the home page of the preeclampsia foundation and the What is Preeclampsia page. I will keep you posted as to what they say.

Suzanne, I was just thinking that if more people wrote in with
this suggestion they may be more inclined to do so.

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03- 12/4/03 @ 26wks pre e
Moderator- Foro Latino
Future Adoptive Mom
josiah1112

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange