Post Reply FAQ Members Login

San Diego Fundraiser

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

San Diego Fundraiser

Postby arj » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:48 am

Hey all you So. Cal Ladies and Possible Vacationers!

Sandy and I are doing a little fundraising at the Scripps Ranch Farmers Market on Sept. 18th. from 9am-1pm (e-mail us for directions). We will be raffling some fantastic prizes and selling some yummy baked goods. Prizes include:

1)A 1-night stay at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
2)A photo package by S.D. photographer Barbara Maynord Chuse (www.photosbybarbara.com). She's taking $100 off the sitting fee and giving away $150 worth of free photographs!!!
3) A mommy combo package: 4 free classes at JW Tumblers and 10-free classes at Stroller Strides (a post-natal stroller fitness class)

Please, please, come out and donate to the PF!!! Tell your neighbors, friends and family to join us. Hope to see you there!

Allison (29)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. Mild PE at 40 weeks
arj

Re : San Diego Fundraiser

Postby sandy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 02:00 pm

Thanks for the post, Allison!!

Yes, come one, come all...we're hoping to have a nice chunk of change to forward on to the Preeclampsia Foundation after Saturday!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

CAUGHT THE EGG!! Estimated hatch date: 3/13/05; scheduled C at 39 weeks...or earlier if needed.
sandy

Postby denise » Wed Sep 22, 2004 01:14 pm

How did things go? Good I hope.[:D]

-------
Co-coordinator for WI
Denise (28)
Jason (32)
Ariana (16 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby sandy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 07:35 pm

Hi Denise,
Thanks for asking!! It was a great teamwork effort (ARJ, myself, Sara, Leah; Eleni, our PR Coordinator stopped by for a while, with a beautiful Preeclampsia Foundation banner and a "signs and symptoms" poster).

The Preeclampsia Foundation booth looked great, the weather was perfect, we had yummy things to sell for the bake sale portion, and the "drawing" portion had some really great prizes as well. Spoke with a good number of people stopping by the booth who had either heard of Preeclampsia, or unfortunately, had it themselves, but were unaware of the Preeclampsia Foundation. We are proud to have raised $231, and we look forward to challenging other chapters to "raise the bar".

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

CAUGHT THE EGG!! Estimated hatch date: 3/13/05; scheduled C at 39 weeks...or earlier if needed.
sandy

Postby sky » Wed Sep 22, 2004 09:17 pm

Dear Friends,

Yesterday,September 21st, a woman named Eleni spoke about pre-eclampsia during a discussion on KPBS about pregnancy complications. I didn't know there was a pre-eclampsia association and a local group. I live in San Diego, searched and found this website with Eleni's name mentioned. She did a great job! My heart goes out to women facing the challenge of pre-eclamsia and I wanted to let you know about current research that could be very helpful.

I would happy to discuss this further with Eleni or anyone else on this bulletin board. I can be contacted here or through my e-mail address: sky4health@aol.com. [:)]Sky
sky

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange