New/Reply FAQ Members Login

What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

Postby annegarrett » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:43 pm

The Preeclampsia Foundation needs ALL kinds of talents to get our work done. It would be great if you could post for us a little "resume" (like a paragraph) saying things you could donate in terms of skills and knowledge. Some examples include: non-profit management experience, non-profit legal experience, medical (be specific), printing, advertising, social work, crisis management, financial planning, etc...

Thanks! We need all the help we can get if we are going to do what needs to be done.

Anne
annegarrett

Re : What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

Postby angelical » Thu Jun 12, 2003 05:40 am

Okay, I'll start ....

I have a Marketing degree and an MBA.

I have worked for almost 6 years for the commercial training dept of a gov't contractor. For about 1/2 that time, I set up training events, coordinated logistics, planned training materials, and developed marketing pieces.

In my current position, Project Manager, I supervise the position that I used to have, plus administer the project management system for one of our major teams (that develops training for a major US Gov't agency).

I have also developed surveys, marketing plans, and business plans for companies as a contractor. And I have experience writing and editing.

However those skills could help PF, just let me know!

Sharel

Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP
angelical

Postby deerhart » Thu Jun 12, 2003 06:58 am

I have a degree in Political Science from Wash U, when I was diagnosed with PE/PIH I was also working on my MPPA (Master of publc policy administration) with a focus on policy/non profit organization, I was also working doing budget analysis/financial/grant work for a Salvation Army shelter here.

Had to kinda ditch it all after being sick and the baby, losing my job at the salvation army and having to switch jobs with hours that didn't allow for school =/. I started working in marketing/Advertising (I do lots of web site work, pricing analysis, some statistical work, some trending etc, brainstorming, proposal work etc) for the last 3 years which I will be leaving in the next month or so to start Law School in August.
deerhart

Postby maddiekinsmom » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:46 am

I'll join in - I don't know how much my talents/job skills would come in handy, but here you go.

I am in theatre and work as a production manager. So I deal a lot with budgets, am a scheduling guru, help plan events, etc. I am also a stage manager and have organized theatrical productions, graduations, conferences, lectures, etc. I have also been on a conference organizing committee for a national organization.

If I can be of any help, please let me know!
[:)]

Rachel, mom to Maddie (29 weeker due to severe pre-e, IUGR)
maddiekinsmom

Postby annegarrett » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:26 am

This is all great. I have jobs for you all as soon as the money is there to hire you! [;)]

Thanks! Keep it coming!

Anne
annegarrett

Postby momathelete » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:35 am

I used to be a social worker/case manager for adults with special needs. After going back for my electrical engineering degree, I did design work, but my forte was project management, with a focus on process. How that can help PF is if you need someone to write guidelines on anything, I have the knowledge. Probably the social work is more of a benefit, although that was a long time ago....

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and now expecting third, on bedrest, have high blood pressure and I am scheduled to have a c-section on July 1st- about 37 weeks! Due to perinatologist's suggestion, I am on C,E,B12,B6,Omega-3, iron, prenatal, calcium, baby aspirin and bp meds- Labatalol -300mg 2x a day
momathelete

Postby catherine » Thu Jun 12, 2003 01:05 pm

I have a Ph. D in Microbiology and am currently an assistant professor at the medical school here in Little Rock. I do teach, primarily graduate students in the program here and a little to the medical students but work primarily in the lab. Mostly my skills would relate directly to research (molecular biology, baterial genetics and pathogenesis) but I have some experience writing grants that fund experimental research. Currently, I am funded by the NIH but not for too much longer if I don't get my act together. I know a little about the various issues around getting grant applications through the review processes. I'm happy to do what can that would be of use.

Catherine (36)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (1 1/2)
"Skelitor" due 7/31/03
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby aimeejane » Thu Jun 12, 2003 03:40 pm

I have a B.S. in Management, and most of my work-world experience is administrative.

However, I'm also a designer, though not formally trained. I've been told I have a natural eye for design, which probably comes from growing up with a Mom who's an artist. I can do some basic graphic design, document preparation, organization, writing, editing, etc.

Most of all, I love working on the computer, in spreadsheets and design. I can do simple web pages as well...maybe good for local chapters?

Just call me a Jill of all trades? [;)]

Aimee - 28
Dh - 29
Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
EDD #2 - 8/3/03 (It's a BOY!)
aimeejane

Postby kim » Thu Jun 12, 2003 07:39 pm

I have experience in advertising - design, media buying, etc... I have done a lot of media buying for non-profit government groups and negotiating and securing public service announcements in radio and tv....

Kim
Ainsley Kathryn 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://home.austin.rr.com/schwintz
kim

Postby anggriffin » Fri Jun 13, 2003 07:36 pm

Hello!

I have a degree in Business Administration from the University of Indianapolis. I am also the owner of a transcription service, including medical, legal and business transcription. I have been in the transcription industry for over 17 years. Let me know if I can help!

Angelina

Daughter, Billie, 9/23/99 born via C-section due to preeclampsia
Husband, Bill

anggriffin

Next

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange