Post Reply FAQ Members Login

What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

Postby kdreher » Sun Apr 04, 2004 08:43 am

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Sun Apr 04, 2004 08:43 am

I'm working on my BS in Business Managment and most of my work experience is administrative. I have some contacts at bigger companies up this way and my father makes banners/signs as a second career. I would love to help out in anyway I can. Past jobs have included cold calling, collections, a/p, billing, lots of data entry and typing memos,etc. I have created slide shows and newsletters and done mass mailings.

Kris (34)
DH, Tom (33)
Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks pe/HELLP)

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net or kstevens@cga.uscg.mil
kdreher

Postby jalessi » Wed Apr 07, 2004 03:26 pm

by jalessi (4 Posts), Wed Apr 07, 2004 03:26 pm

Hi everyone! I am an Upstream Program Manager at Ford Motor Co. working on the Ranger program. I've been at Ford for 12 years now and you can probably guess that I have a mechanical engineering degree. I also have a BS in Business Administration. I've worked in retail, was an underwriter for Liberty Mutual, and have worked on many different projects at Ford.

Jen
jalessi

Postby sam » Wed Apr 07, 2004 03:46 pm

by sam (442 Posts), Wed Apr 07, 2004 03:46 pm

Hi
i have a BSc in zoology and marine biology, a former zoologist at the Natural History Museum in London.
I am currently a freelance cardio-respiratory officer in our wonderful national health system.
I deal with ambulatory 24 hr BP monitoring, echoes, stress tests, ecg's (EKG's to you guys)and 24hr ecg monitoring.
My passions are writing poetry and painting, although whether i am talented or not is an entirley different matter[:D]

sam
London,UK
severe PE/class 1 HELLP @ 27wks
13th oct 2003
mummy to angel jake
http://www.shattered-dreams.uk.com/jakehayman.htm
sam

Postby jenn » Wed Apr 21, 2004 09:44 am

by jenn (2038 Posts), Wed Apr 21, 2004 09:44 am

Catching up on some old posts and found this one... wow you girls are talented! We really come from all walks of life. No 2 are alike.

So I thought I'd throw in my background... Moved to Colorado 9 years ago from Chicago (lived there for 16 yrs.) Attended the (now renamed) Colorado State University where I double majored in Mass Communications and Criminology. I worked as a radio personality for 3 years... than took on the biggest job of my life, which I still hold proud to say "I'm an at home mommy to Jaidyn" and whom ever else comes along now [:)] I'm in no hurry to leave this job!

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (28)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

EDD- Thanksgiving! 11.25.04
(giving mommy gray hair already) Couldn't be happier!

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby tracyremax@charter.net » Sun Apr 25, 2004 04:58 pm

by tracyremax@charter.net (22 Posts), Sun Apr 25, 2004 04:58 pm

I run my own real state team in Massachusetts and my finest skills are patience and persitence which has allowed me to run a successful business. If I can help please let me know. I don't see any other pe activities in MA. With all the teaching hospitals here I would think there would be a more organized group. Any suggestions to get started?

Tracy in Massachusetts
Mom to Billy 9/01
tracyremax@charter.net

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Apr 25, 2004 06:23 pm

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Sun Apr 25, 2004 06:23 pm

Hi! I am a marketing director but my forte' is Public Relations/Media Relations. I have also worked in television news and radio. I have a BS in Broadcast Journalism and Dramatic Arts, but I would love to go back to school to become a nurse. But there's no time or money for that right now![;)] Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!
hannahsmom

Postby natan » Sun May 09, 2004 09:22 pm

by natan (203 Posts), Sun May 09, 2004 09:22 pm

Everybody has some really great background. I am sure we can use your talent in one way or another.

Are there any new members that would like to respond to this topic, please we would love to hear from you.

Deborah 35
Allen 35
Natan 2.5 (preeclampsia baby born 2 lbs 5 oz.)
natan

Postby browncow » Mon Jun 14, 2004 09:05 am

by browncow (211 Posts), Mon Jun 14, 2004 09:05 am

I'm a social worker and have applied to Tulane for '05 admissions to the joint masters Social Work/Law program (forensic and family, respectively). I've worked in gender specific (female) addictions treatment, domestic violence intervention, HIV awareness, and vocational rehabilitation. I'm also an adoptee and am active in adoptee's rights issues, specifically obtaining mental and physical health background information.

I'd like to start a nonprofit for long-term (five years or longer) female inmates being released and reintegrated into society (assistance with educational programs, family reunification, substance abuse/domestic violence/rape counseling, physical and mental health treatment, budget and independent living classes, et al). Released female inmates are more likely to experience depression, suicidal ideation, homelessness, and societal adaptability issues than their male counterparts (who generally have stronger familial and natural supports). Those who really want to succeed deserve a second chance.

Okay, off of the soapbox, I enjoy: reading, writing, photography, painting, cross-stitch (though that's taken a backseat with a 2 year old running the house), and beach trips. I once wanted to be on Trading Spaces but decided it'd only be work, it's more fun to watch!

I'm rather outspoken and have no problem contacting media-local and national-to draw attention to worthwhile causes.

browncow

Postby djismith » Mon Jun 14, 2004 04:32 pm

by djismith (24 Posts), Mon Jun 14, 2004 04:32 pm

Hello,
I will do anything that I can to help out. I am an fine artist. I have one semester to go for an associate in Graphic Design/ Fine art, then on to completing a BFA. I obtained severe pre-e @31 wks and had a 2.5lbs, 15.5 inch angel Isis. No health problems, but then SIDS stole isis from us 4 months later. I have also written a research paper on pre-e to educate others. The paper opened up my professors eyes to the cause, being that her daughter was having complications with her pregnancy.

Diana(23)
Mom to Isis Sahara
8/28/02-12/31/02(SIDS)
Born 2.5lbs, 15.5 inches, 31 wks
djismith

Postby tammy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 05:48 pm

by tammy (214 Posts), Wed Jun 16, 2004 05:48 pm

Outpatient Oncology nurse. Certified in Chemotherapy administration. Tough field, but something keeps me doing it.
Tammy

Liam 10/26/03/34weeks/PE
Joshua 1/22/92 PE free
tammy

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange