What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

Postby annegarrett » Thu Jun 17, 2004 02:36 pm

We need a grant writer. Anyone here have experience in writing grants who wants to help us out?? Great to know all your talents. I always look here first when looking for someone to fill our needs. We need also need a couple people in major cities to help organize a major fundraising event. You must have experience in running a major event (250-500 people). Email if you are interested and have the experience to take these volunteer opportunities on.

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby miss_doula » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:56 pm

hi there,well dont realy know if i can be of any use!!
i am a doula,i help women through pregnancy birth,i also doula on a pregnancy forum,answering womens worries/questions,
i crochet hats/mits/booties for preemie babies.
i am a singer,have been on tv and radio in uk.
i love art and photography,and im good at organising.

amanda
xxxxxxxxx
miss_doula

Postby miss_doula » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:58 pm

me again.also like to add that id be more than happy to help..
here's my contact

indogo1111@hotmail.com

www.indogo.karoo.net/indogo.htm

love to all

amanda
xxxxxxxxx
miss_doula

Postby ann marie » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:52 am

Let's see, my passion, my talent, my job...

I'm a nurse. I have worked in inpatient, outpatient and home care settings including hospice. My background is primarily oncology and IV therapies. I have a masters degree in nursing education so right now I am teaching nursing and coordinating a partnership program for the University.

I am skilled in writing and public speaking, program planning. I am very good at advocating or helping others to advocate for themselves within the health care setting. I am willing to use these skills or my healthcare background in any way I can.

Ann Marie (29)
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest
ann marie

Postby grace04 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 07:09 pm

I own an association management company - so working with nonprofits IS my full-time job. I have experience in every aspect of working with nonprofits. Event planning, strategic planning, membership, fundraising, communications (newsletter, magazine, etc)., board and commitee support, executive director services, etc. I'd be happy to help out whereever I can!

Jaime Nolan
Mother of Grace Ann Nolan
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks Pre E)
grace04

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Aug 24, 2004 08:19 pm

I'm currently a parttime employee for a department store but I've been in banking, accouting, did marketing for a small mom and pop organization, I worked as a Sr. Administrative Secretary for a graduate program at the local university for over 5 years, I cook, I bake, I craft, I am pretty well versed. I don't mind the grunt work if filing and paperwork is what you need done. I don't have my International Business degree yet, but it's in the making for one of these days. :-)

As far as nonprofit work goes, I have only the experience of being the leader of a girl scout troop. [:)]

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby laura » Tue Aug 24, 2004 08:39 pm

quote:
Originally posted by TimelessBeauty

As far as nonprofit work goes, I have only the experience of being the leader of a girl scout troop. [:)]

WOO HOO! I'm in good company, then...

Scout Leader, Brownie Troop 10, at your service [:D]

Laura
Administrator/AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby natan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 04:23 pm

I know it has been a while since I have stepped foot on this section, lol.

But I was thinking every spring there is a new race for some organization. Breast Cancer, Aids, Red Cross, etc. I wonder how hard it would be to set up a National Walk-a-Thon for Preeclampsia Foundation. We could create our own sponsor sheet and have everybody get out and walk with their support groups. We could do a 5k or 10k walk whatever you can handle. Donate to supporting PF so that we can continue saving lives and support families who need our guidance and support.

What do you think? Does anybody have experice in starting a Walk-A-Thon.

Deborah
Northern California Coordinator/
Moderator for Donations & Charity
natan

Postby lucyann_k » Thu Aug 26, 2004 07:54 am

I am a Sales support in Memphis, TN. I have some college, but never picked a major. I would love to go to nursing school. I have some prior experense helping the March of Dimes with there walk earlier this year. I would love to help in any way I can. Please let me know How I can help.

Thanks
annaleese

TTC #2
William J. Kennedy
12/15/02 - 2/4/03
Born 10 Weeks Early Pre-E
lucyann_k

Postby denise » Wed Sep 22, 2004 01:20 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Natan

I know it has been a while since I have stepped foot on this section, lol.

But I was thinking every spring there is a new race for some organization. Breast Cancer, Aids, Red Cross, etc. I wonder how hard it would be to set up a National Walk-a-Thon for Preeclampsia Foundation. We could create our own sponsor sheet and have everybody get out and walk with their support groups. We could do a 5k or 10k walk whatever you can handle. Donate to supporting PF so that we can continue saving lives and support families who need our guidance and support.

What do you think? Does anybody have experice in starting a Walk-A-Thon.

Deborah
Northern California Coordinator/
Moderator for Donations & Charity

I think this is an awesome idea if/when we could get something organized!!
------

I am currently finishing up my BS in socialogy with emphasis' in social work as well as deviance and social control. I returned to finish college after working in patient accounts in a physician's office. I volunteer with mentoring first time misdeamnor offenders as well as doing some phone calls for our local Victim/Witness program at the police dept.

-------
Co-coordinator for WI
Denise (28)
Jason (32)
Ariana (16 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange