Post Reply FAQ Members Login

What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

Postby jillmushet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:09 am

Hi Sabrina: What an interesting background! I remember reading about Kirsten's delivery in Europe and everything that went with it. It's nice to hear more details. When you say Univ of SC do you mean South Carolina?

Have I ever mentioned that I love your avatar? Your children are lovely.

BTW, don't be surprised when we ask you to use your negotiation skills for PF! Thanks for sharing. :)
jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:27 am

Hi Sabrina: What an interesting background! I remember reading about Kirsten's delivery in Europe and everything that went with it. It's nice to hear more details.

Have I ever mentioned that I love your avatar? Your children are lovely.

BTW, don't be surprised when we ask you to use your negotiation skills for PF! Thanks for sharing. :)
jillmushet

Postby missgamecock » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:39 am

Awww thanks Jill. Yep, USC is for University of SC. GO GAMECOCKS (that one's for you Lori, lol).
missgamecock

Postby jenandtheboys » Tue Nov 08, 2005 01:28 pm

Well, I'll join in here, but I'm afraid there isn't much that my skills could qualify me to do for the PF. I'm a high school band director, I have a Bachelor of Music degree in Instrumental music education. I play instruments like trumpet, flute and clarinet, and sing in the choir at church (where DH is the choir director). I actually taught middle school band for 8 years before Andrew was born, then was a SAHM for 2 years, now am teaching at a Catholic high school (part time).

I'd love to help in any additional way that I could, if there is anything to offer. I'm enjoying doing the moderator thing and am very interested in increasing awareness, etc for the "cause", if there were ever anything I'm qualified for. [:)]
jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Thu Nov 10, 2005 09:00 am

Ok, update since the other day when I posted...........I wrote this in Parents of Preemies already, but my family was asked to be an Ambassador Family for the March of Dimes in the metro-Charleston SC area for 2006. So, we will be doing public speaking (mostly me and not DH[:I]), press releases, etc. If there is any way that our role in this could somehow be of help for PF, then I'd love to do that. Be thinking about it I guess, and let me know if you come up with anything. I certainly will be mentioning PE in any speeches we do, and stressing the need for research and to eventually find a way to prevent it! [:)]
jenandtheboys

Postby jillmushet » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:30 am

Jen: This is very exciting! Please keep us updated.
jillmushet

Postby jaymee444 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 01:03 pm

former pre school teacher and nanny here. I have a ba in psych and an a.s. in early childhood education. I have been "retired" since my son was born. If y'all need help with anything , let me know. I have a lot of free time on my hands.
jaymee444

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:23 pm

I have two careers to offer, though I don't know if it will help. One is a mortgage loan officer. I have my real estate license in CA. I'm also a captioner for the hearing impaired/deaf. I'm taking my state test to get my CSR license for court reporting. I don't know what kind of services I would be able to provide but I can type between 200-225 wpm on a stenograph machine.
mrs.magdaleno

Postby suze » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:12 pm

I'm a freelance journalist and editor based in Toronto. I do news, features, the occasional t.v. spot and quite a bit of travel writing (though these days I'm basically desk-bound). I guess I should pitch a story about pre-e somewhere one of these days. Great articles on the subject do seen to pop up with some regularity (but then I'm always hunting for them), so I wonder where another one would do the most good. Any thoughts on what really needs to be said that hasn't made it on to the public radar?

Anyway, I'd be happy to offer writing/editing services to the PF or just to spread the word in Canada.

suze

Postby molly419 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi Susan-

Welcome to the boards, and thank you for volunteering your time.

I would suggest contacting Eleni, who is the director of communications. I am sure that she can answer your question of what needs to get on "the radar." I know that they were looking for articles to be written for magazines...

Let me know if you have any questions or need help getting in contact with Eleni.
molly419

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange