What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : What's Your Passion, Your Talent, Your Job?

Postby mkl » Wed Jan 04, 2006 09:47 pm

Hi, this is my first post. I had a bout with preeclampsia this past June... Thankfully Grace and I ended up fine. I am eager to help in any way that I can. I've been in fundraising for seven years... I'm currently managing the administrative operations of a $125 million endowment campaign. Just let me know if I can be of assistance!
mkl

Postby molly419 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:24 pm

Welcome to the boards!

I am so happy to hear that both you and your daughter are doing great. I don't know what state your from, but May 13, 2006 the foundation is holding walk-a-thon's in various states. I am sure you could be a help recuiting sponsors for the walk-a-thon. Please drop me an email at mlaureto@yahoo.com I can give you more information for the walk-a-thon if your interested and also the email for Jaime Nolan, who I am sure will be interested in your talents!

Again, Welcome!
molly419

Postby darcynulph » Wed Jan 18, 2006 08:53 am

My passion is for brain storming, organizing and implementing projects. I manage one of the top real estate teams in the country closing more than 300 homes per year. (My point is I can juggle alot of details and personalities and make it a win-win situation for all. I love a positive, successful project experience.)
darcynulph

Postby molly419 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:15 am

Hi D'Arcy,

Sounds like you have strong skills that the foundation can put to use. I know that your working on the brochure campaign in AZ, and sounds like your doing a wonderful job. Please keep us posted on how the campagin is going!

molly419

Postby kara » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:35 am

Hi Everyone,

What amazing education and skill sets we have in our organization. I just found this topic and I see it hasn't been too long since the last post.

My DH is a structural engineer, not sure that his skills can help us at this time. I am a licensed and practicing Realtor in Wisconsin. I can also refer great agents in alll the other states! Before moving to WI (6 months ago), I worked for a billionaire real estate mogul. My specialties include party/meeting/conference planning/organizing/running, as well as records management and freakishly strong organizational skills such as setting up office filing systems (paper, electronic, and computer).

One of my bigger "jobs" was sorting, cataloging, digitally and physically preparing 100 years worth of architectural drawings for storage, as well as coordinating with the The Chicago Historical Society for donation of some Chicago building blueprints. So if you need some organization, I'm your gal. I also have a little experience with submitting paperwork for lobbyist activities in Illinois, but there's probably a lawyer out there that would be better qualified.

Most importantly I'm willing to help where ever help is needed!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby bicyclist » Wed Feb 22, 2006 01:59 am

Have an M.Ed. in Early Childhood Leadership and Advocacy. I provide provide technical assistance and coaching to administrators and staff of child care centers, preschools and elementary schools to help achieve quality improvement goals. Have also been a teacher, child care center administrator, trainer and meeting facilitator. Have chaired non-profit volunteer boards, fundraising committees and conference committees.

My skills could be useful to WAT coordinators. I'm willing to offer budget planning assistance and/or coaching to any interested WAT Coordinators to help meet goals.
bicyclist

Postby molly419 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 08:14 am

Kathy and Avery's Ann Mom,

Thank you both for posting you talents for the Preeclampsia Foundation. Both of you have amazing talents, that I am sure we can use, if not now, but in the future.

molly419

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:15 am

OK folks, I see a LOT of untapped talent listed here and I am gearing up to help get you TAPPED in and Tapped OUT lol .. ok not tapped out as we truly need you as resources for various projects. We have this list going, now we are about to launch use of it!

:-)
timelessbeauty

Postby misup » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Trying to get caught up here... fairly new.

I love reading about everyone's background... lots of social workers and I am another one...

I have a BA in Psychology from the University of South Dakota. I have worked in non-profit social services for more than 15 years. Took a break a few times and once worked as a disability claims examiner. My main area of specialization is with teens. I have worked with homeless teens setting up housing, etc. I have also worked with at risk teens and have worked with police departments dealing with runaway teens. I have also worked as a crisis advocate for victims of domestic abuse and rape. Crisis intervention in my area.... however, due to lasting medical problems from my last severe pe with organ failure, I am currently a stay at home mom, I prefer "domestic ceo". My husband is an attorney that is completing his LLM in taxation at UFL, where I am currently residing-until Aug. '06.

Oh, I have also done conference organization and a little grant work...I am the "Get R Done Lady".

Let me know if I can do anything, I would be thrilled to help out!!

Missy
misup

Postby molly419 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 07:30 pm

Members both old and new:

Please take a minute and post your talents, passion and job(s), if you have not done so.

The Foundationa looks forward to hearing what every member has to offer!
molly419

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange