Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Memorial Quilt UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Memorial Quilt UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Postby gossamer » Thu Oct 28, 2004 02:24 pm

by gossamer (242 Posts), Thu Oct 28, 2004 02:24 pm

Hello Ladies,
Thank you for your patience while Laura and I got all the kinks worked out.

If you would like to remember a child or woman who lost their life due to Pre-Eclampsia, you may decorate a 12 x 12 square of fabric and send it to me to become a part of the 2005 Pre-Eclampsia memorial quilt.

You may use any fabric you want to, a pattern that reminds you of your child, a blanket that was special or a onesie or what ever you want.

Please leave a 1/2" seam allowance all around the square and do not decorate that 1/2".

You do not have to be a member of PF to sponsor a square, so get the word out to your community.

This will be an ongoing project year after year. THe due date for this year is one month before annual meeting, probably the beginning of June, 2005.

We are asking for no more than one square per child or mother.

However, you may send in a square each year for the same child. FOr example, I could send in one square this year for Mary Rose and one square next year for Mary Rose. We understand that grand-parents etc. may want to sponsor their own squares, but we want to make sure no child gets overshadowed by another. All of our loved ones are precious and missed.

We are asking for $25 per square sponsored. If you would like somebody else to decorate it for you, we have some women who have volunteered to help with that. IF you want us to decorate your square, we are asking for a $30 donation.

If you would like to participate but can't swing it financially, please email Laura or me privately.

I hope this answers some quastions. If it hasn't, feel free to e-mail me privately or respond to this thread. I am looking forward to seeing a completed quilt at our next annual meeting.

Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins
New little angel 10/03/04 http://www.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zonker29/album?.dir=/f23e
gossamer

Re : Memorial Quilt UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Postby gossamer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 06:27 am

by gossamer (242 Posts), Fri Oct 29, 2004 06:27 am

For Faith asked me in another thread where to send the square and the donation. Please send them both to me. If you e-mail me privately, I will send you my address.
Gossamer

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. This is the miracle of life. " -Maureen Hawkins
New little angel 10/03/04 http://www.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zonker29/album?.dir=/f23e
gossamer

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange