Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Cookbook Survey - PLEASE RESPOND!

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Re : Cookbook Survey - PLEASE RESPOND!

Postby alisa » Mon Feb 14, 2005 05:45 pm

Put me down for 10! What a great idea for a fundraiser!

Alisa [:)]
alisa

Postby kpowers » Wed Feb 16, 2005 09:46 am

I could do 5 for sure hopefully more. If you need recieps let me know.

Kim mom to
Emma May Powers still born 12/12/04 sever PE
kpowers

Postby allic » Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:22 pm

I could take atleast five.

Alli (29)
DH Doug (36)
DS Colton (8/5/02-34 wks-PIH/PE)
DD Aubrie (4/17/04-30wks-PIH/severe PE)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aubriejane/
allic

Postby melissam » Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:52 pm

I could do 5 - 10 for sure.

Melissa
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
melissam

Postby jillmushet » Wed Mar 09, 2005 05:38 pm

Thank you for your responses. As you might have guessed, the walk-a-thon is taking the lion's share of time and energy right now, and the cookbook is in limbo.

I will keep you posted when planning resumes. :)

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Apr 04, 2005 09:57 am

Jill,

Do you have an idea of what the cookbook will contain? I know you said about 500 recipies, would any of those be "high protein" or PE diet related recipe ideas? Would you consider a section of ideas for "Bedrest Buddies"? Just a thought to list out in a section ideas of how NOT to go crazy while on bedrest seeing reading would be the ultimate pasttime for someone on bedrest anyway, why not read the cookbook for ideas on sanity? I would assume you are including a page with the PF homebase address and where to donate more funds should they opt to do so? Have you offered, for an idea on funds, to have Peris or MFMs donate a little bit of cash and have their Offices listed in the back as a "sponsor" idea? Maybe each state could offer up a doctor who would agree to donate a little bit of money towards the project just to have their office listed in order to help? Just thinking off the top of my head and wasn't sure if you have already covered these ideas as I actually was thinking about a cookbook idea today myself and checked to see if anyone else had thought it up. I've only been involved in two such cookbook projects, one through church and another through girl scouts.

I could probably be able to get at least 5-10 starter and then look up more locations. I would be willing to buy a copy and donate it to my local library to have on hand. Just curious. :-) Great idea!

Sue
Indiana State Coordinator
timelessbeauty

Postby jillmushet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:44 am

Hi Sue:

Thank you for posting! I like all of your ideas.

During researching, I found a company that makes nice cookbooks for non-profits. They have a package available which would make a nice book. Each added feature would cost a bit per book. Which means lower profits per book. However, the cookbook is still in the review process. Nothing has been decided.

Originally, I wanted to do what you are referring to. Put together an original cookbook geared for PF members and friends. Doctors' input on: Eating while pregnant, eating while nursing, feeding babies and toddlers, Kitchen 911 for bedrest dads, freezer friendly meals, nutrition in 5 minutes, etc. I learned how expensive that can be, so the plan shifted to doing a traditional fundraising cookbook. Appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, etc. We can personalize it. There is room for the PF story and objective.

I like your idea for sponsors for the cookbook. Please hold on to your energy and your ideas. If PF decides to proceed with the cookbook idea, we can put our heads together for something special.

Thank you!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby 5thtymachrm » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:45 am

There should also be a section of meals for our dh's to cook while we are on bedrest! you know the easy kind that can be made in less than 15 minutes and doesn't require more than 20 brain cells? LOL well j/k kind of! some of us have men than can only make dinner by running to the closest fast food restaurant :o)

Elizabeth
Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,HG,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's;
baby-pea edd: 9/12/05
5thtymachrm

Postby laura » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:48 am

Elizabeth, I agree, what a great idea! I *don't* think my time on bedrest was augmented well by the flood of Hamburger Helper that my husband concocted. That would have been wonderful for us!

Laura
Webmaster/Forum Administrator
AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby jillmushet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 01:21 pm

It would be fun to come up with a dad's section. Since the plan is to have donated recipes, we could have a recipe section "for dads from dads".

Hope the cookbook is approved! It would be a really fun project!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

PreviousNext

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange