Mother's Day Cards?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at

Re : Mother's Day Cards?

Postby youtan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:16 am

What a great idea! I was just poking around Hallmark's website looking for anyway that they might be of service to us in this endeavor. Check out:

If we could get a well-known artist, like Jane Seymour, to design a card, maybe Hallmark could make this card and/or sell it for us?

Is there an 'official' letter that is available to send to corporations like this one?

Tanya (30)
Kansas Coordinator
Nathanial 3/6/99 HELLP 27 wks, 1lb 10oz
Jonathan 8/9/02 PIH/low fluid 34 wks, 4lb 8 oz

Postby sandy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 09:10 am

Fabulous idea.

Here's a related thought: Jane Seymour (the actress) who had Preeclampsia when pregnant w/her twins, now creates art work and often donates it for charity.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get her to create and donate a few designs for something like this?!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to superimposed severe PE/class III HELLP

Another Girl! Due: scheduled C ~3/10 at 38.5 weeks...or earlier if needed.

Postby mada » Thu Feb 10, 2005 07:15 am

That's a wonderful Idea!!

Mada Harpster-moderator
Colorado co-coordinator
Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

Forum Moderator

Mother's Day Cards?

Postby annes » Thu Feb 10, 2005 06:34 am

My mother is on the board of a family center that helps pregnant teens, and has an adoption center among other things. They do a ton of fund-raising, but one of their most successful is a mother's day card. This is how it works, a local artist donates a painting (usually of a mom and kids), that is used as the print on the card, then the cards are uses as a fundraiser. I donate x amount to the charity and a card gets sent to whoever you want that says a donation in your name has been made to this charity. I think that it makes a nice alternative to flowers or other gifts. The card also includes info on the charity, so it helps get the message around. It is a big project, but most of the time people donate about $15-25 per card so if you send one to 4 people thats a good amount of money, that you might be spending anyway for a gift.

DH Richard
DS Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
Miscarriage(14 wks, D&C) 12/04

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”