I survived twice

Share your original poems, songs, short stories and quotes dedicated to your preeclampsia experiences, from the tragic to the joyous. The goal of the forum is to provide a space to promote healing through shared expression.
johno

Re: I survived twice

Postby johno » Sun Feb 19, 2017 07:02 pm

You are so strong sister! I am really proud of you. You are a beautiful woman and a wonderful mother. Lovely picture. :)

eleni
Site Admin

Re: I survived twice

Postby eleni » Wed Dec 28, 2016 06:38 pm

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough go of it over several pregnancies. But thanks for posting and sharing such a happy picture!

Best wishes,
Eleni
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.

Zoey2016

I survived twice

Postby Zoey2016 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:27 am

My story with Severe-eclampsia

My names are Mercy Halwindi aged 44 years. I am a survivor of eclampsia.
I experienced pre- eclampsia leading to severe eclampsia during my first and second last pregnancies.
The first time I had no idea what was going on with my body and pregnancy. I had registered my pregnancy at a private clinic here in Zambia and all they did was test my urine which had a high content of proteins where they never gave me anything to reduce/control my high blood pressure. My body swelled up and for me I thought it was normal, I had just gained weight. I lost my sight in one of my eyes still I thought it was part of pregnancy, note at that time I was in my late teens. The morning I collapsed and fitted I work up with a very bad headache…my pregnancy was only seven and half months old. That morning all I could see was blurry vision and before I fell down to the floor a I could not see in both my eyes….i was blind.
Likely I was outside when all this happened and a neighbor that saw me rushed me to the hospital where they performed an emergency C- section. My son was born that day weighing less than 2kgs. I was in ICU for 2 days.
My son was brought to me later when I was taken to the main ward so that I could bond and spend a night with him, I could see that something was wrong with him because he could not stop crying. Unfortunately that night he turned blue and the nurse that was on duty rushed him back to the D- block and there they failed to resuscitate him…..he died.

I had two more pregnancies with no complications my two boys are alive and well THOUGH I HAD THEM BOTH THROUGH C-SECTION. I later was blessed with a baby girl but that too ended up with complications. I had severe eclampsia …. I was admitted in hospital when my pregnancy was 25 weeks. My blood pressure could not go down and the doctor advised me to have the baby removed in order to save my life. It was a very painful decision to make. My baby girl was removed weighing only 80 grams…. They could not save her because the hospital that I was at had no capacity to do that and I had no scheme insurance to pay in order to save my baby.
I now have a 10 month old baby girl…..i experienced no complications during her pregnancy but during her C-section, the doctors noticed that I had a lot of adhesion they failed to tie my tubes because of the same and 2mths ago I was admitted in hospital because of a ureteral stricture which has not been corrected up till now.
Attachments
Divas.jpg
Me and my baby
Divas.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 3365 times

Return to “Writing Heals”