post-partum protenuria

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

post-partum protenuria

Postby abna46t » Sun Oct 13, 2013 04:26 pm

So scary, after a traumatic pregnancy and birth my health is still in jeopardy. I am still spilling proteins in my urine and have a hole in my esophagus. I had severe preesclampsia, diagnosed initially at week 23. I delivered at week 30 x3 by emergency c-section My tiny daughter was only 3 lbs, 2.4 oz and had a seven week NICU stay. Please advise if my kidney issues are related to the pre-e or not. I also had severe hyperemesis gravidarium during the entire pregnancy.
abna46t

Re: post-partum protenuria

Postby alviarin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 04:53 pm

So sorry to hear you had such a hard time. Other posters have mentioned having lingering proteinura or blood pressure issues post-partum that eventually got better. Whether in days, weeks, or months. Of course we also have some ladies with pre-existing kidney disease and high proteinura levels who see nephrologists.

How long ago did you give birth? Are your protein levels trending down at least?
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask an Administrator