Is there a need for a Chronic Hypertention forum?

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Is there a need for a Chronic Hypertention forum?

Postby mamc2003 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 03:55 pm

I was just wondering if there was a reason why not to have a CHT forum. Is there just not a big enough need for it? Or would people who have nothing to do with PE end up posting on it?

I thought maybe it would be a good idea for those who were thinking of getting pg and had chronic hypertension, or maybe, for some of us, like me, who ended up with CHT after a PE pregnancy.

I understand if this has already been discussed and decided upon, but just thought I would throw it out there, in case it was a good idea.

Oh, and Ileana, I got my 'puter fixed...Thanks so much for helping me[:D]
mamc2003

Re : Is there a need for a Chronic Hypertention forum?

Postby missgamecock » Thu Aug 04, 2005 04:08 pm

I would like to see one. :)
missgamecock

Postby ileana » Thu Aug 04, 2005 04:09 pm

Mandy,

I'm glad it's all resolved!

We do have an underlying disorders forum that is the place for us chronic hypertensives... I think CHT is more common on the Forum than other underlying diseases, so it might make sense to create a separate forum. I'll let the Forum heads decide on this one.

Thanks for the suggestion!
ileana

Postby mamc2003 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 04:30 pm

Ileana,

I posted once in the Underlying Disorders forum and then felt silly when I realized that it was supposed to be Pregnant w/ an underlying disorder, so I haven't posted there again. Although, I will say that I was not made to feel silly, I just did:)

If you need a moderator, I'd be happy to be one for the CHT forum. Even though I don't have a home computer(hopefully, it will be fixed soon), I'm on here at least an hour or so each day and then at least once on the weekends.
mamc2003

Postby ileana » Thu Aug 04, 2005 04:44 pm

I'm really just the techie behind the website and Forum. I do not appoint moderators nor decide Forum content.

Laura is the person to go to for this kind of issues.

Thanks!
ileana

Postby mamc2003 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 05:06 pm

Thanks for letting me know that. Maybe Laura will see this post then and let me know if she'd like me to help.
mamc2003

Postby laura » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:13 pm

Mandy, thanks so much for the suggestion and the offer! I didn't realize that people felt that way about Pregnant with Underlying Disorders- perhaps we do need to broaden the scope of it a bit- I'll ask Anne about it.

It is also good to know that you're interested in moderating; we recruit new moderators twice a year unless there's a specific need. I need to check, but I think the next time for new mods is in December.

Thanks again!
laura

Postby 5thtymachrm » Fri Aug 05, 2005 02:27 am

I'll second the fact that i feel funny posting in "underlying disorders" about my CHTN.
5thtymachrm

Postby missgamecock » Thu Dec 15, 2005 08:28 am

Did anything become of this thread??? I would still be interested in moderating if a seperate forum was made for chronic HTN.
missgamecock

Postby akemt » Thu Dec 15, 2005 01:38 pm

Yes, Sabrina...Because of this discussion and suggestion, it was decided to switch "Pregnant with Underlying Disorders" to the "Underlying Disorders" forum so as not to exclude concerns in times outside of pregnancy. Thank you for the offer!
akemt

Next

Return to Ask an Administrator