Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Interest for a micro-preemie forum?

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Interest for a micro-preemie forum?

Postby molly419 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 09:40 pm

Hi Guys,
I have been thinking that it would be great if we could have a micro-preemie forum. As a mother of a 25 weeker, my daughter has many medical issues, and other special issues that most premature infants do not. It would be great to have a spot where other parents of micro-preemies can exchange ideas, share ideas, tricks and experinces of having a micro-preemie.

Any thoughts? This goes to Laura now?
molly419

Re : Interest for a micro-preemie forum?

Postby laura » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:01 pm

Molly, thanks for the suggestion! I took a look at the existing Parents of Preemies Forum, and noticed that there are threads that are almost a month old on the first page; if it looked like a new thread specific to micropreemies would get 'buried' quickly, we'd definitely consider adding a separate forum so that it wouldn't get lost. I say- the forums are what you make them into being; if you are interested in micropreemie issues, start some threads up and see where they go!
laura

Postby jenandtheboys » Sun Aug 14, 2005 08:06 am

I had been thinking the exact same thing...about a specific place for micro preemie issues. I have a 27 weeker (700 grams) and you're right, there are specific things that are affecting him that don't really apply to my other preemie (29 weeks, 1345 grams). Thanks to the administrators for even considering this idea! [:)]
jenandtheboys

Postby jenchar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:41 am

Oh I would love a micropreemie forum! That would be great!

My 27 weeker (Meghan, 1 pound 9 oz) is still having lots of issues at 12 months adjusted age, and I would love the company of fellow micropreemie parents.

Just my 2 cents!

Jen
jenchar

Return to Ask an Administrator