Trouble accessing PF

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Trouble accessing PF

Postby tracym » Tue Oct 18, 2005 01:43 am

Hi, I can no longer open this site from home (it used to work a long time ago) but don't have any trouble at work.

There's nothing weird with my Internet or Security Options, and I don't have a problem with any other site.

Can someone help? Pretty please?

tracym

Re : Trouble accessing PF

Postby rachel a » Wed Oct 19, 2005 01:32 am

I'm in no way the "tech" guru that Ileana is, but could it be that your workplace has a filter that doesn't permit access to online forums?? Just a thought! I know that I had trouble when our school changed its filtering program.
rachel a

Postby ileana » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:02 am

I did write a long message, and then closed the window, and I lost it [:(]

Anyway, what i was trying to say is that a few people had similar issues after moving our server to a different location on July 6.

I recently noticed that they are now able to access the website without any apparent reason why it worked. So unfortunately I don't have a clear solution.

It is important though to make sure that the issue is not on the local computer, but on the Internet connection.

I would try to find another computer (like a laptop) that works in a different location and try it on your connection. If it works, then the problem is obviously with your computer/software.

It could be some security setting or you might be infected with spyware or...

If the other computer does not work either, you could ask your ISP, but in my experience, they will blame it on our server, or your computer, but it might be worth a try. If that is the case waiting a little longer might resolve the issue.

I'm sorry I could not come up with a real solution... I am not such a great "tech" guru as they think around here.

Good luck! And please let us know how it was resolved when it resolves.
ileana

Postby rachel a » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:38 am

Nah! You just don't give yourself enough credit! IMHO! [;)]
rachel a

Postby miracle3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 04:14 pm

I am having this same problem I actually was able to access it on Saturday October 29th and haven't been able to since. I am concerned because I want to be apart of the walk-a-thon and I enjoy being apart of this group. I just hope I will be able to find out the problem also.
miracle3

Postby hoya » Mon Jan 30, 2006 01:03 pm

I'm having the exact same problem... can access just fine from work, but not at home (have tried 3 different computers at home, two of which are laptops, and we DO have high speed access and I've not had any problems accessing any other web sites at home).... any more suggestions??? I've been trying for the past couple of weeks.

I can't even get to the PF's home page!
hoya

Postby mikeys mom » Mon Jan 30, 2006 01:05 pm

I have the same problem. I can not access the site from home either.
mikeys mom

Postby miracle3 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:25 am

Just a question are you guys using Verizon DSL????
miracle3

Postby mikeys mom » Fri Feb 10, 2006 01:17 pm

no earthlink dsl
mikeys mom

Postby anathor21 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:19 am

Anyone still having this problem who is willing to help me debug it:

On the machine where you are having the problem I'd like to get the output from a traceroute command.

To do this, issue the following command from a command prompt (aka DOS window):

tracert www.preeclampsia.org > PERoute.txt

This command will create a file called "PERoute.txt" in the directory where you run the command. It may take a few minutes to complete.

Feel free to look at the file of course - what it details is each of the hops that packets have to go through to reach the site - sort of a road-map of where your IP packets are going (or trying to go).

Please send me the file (or at least the contents of the file) and then I can follow up with you once I have reviewed it. Please do not post the output here - rather send it to me via direct email (erik@preeclampsia.org).

If you have more questions and/or want me to walk you through this on the phone or IM, let me know via private mail.

Thanks in advance for your help!
anathor21

Next

Return to Ask an Administrator